Why we should not do this.

No racing involved just some spirited fun driving down back roads like most of us have done before.

I've seen this before. We can leave this up as a video of why we should not be driving our cars in excessive speed on public roads. Notice that they are passing cars coming the other way which means that the road is not closed or much of a back road. Imagine if a car had been coming the other way, or if that happened on a blind corner, that could have been very dangerous for other drivers. Don't get me wrong, I would love to go for a burn in my car and there are some things I am not proud of in the past, but we really need to strive that this sort of driving should be done on a track. Our cars are just too fast where we can get into trouble before you know it. Public roads have animals, gravel, pot holes, fluids, debris, inattentive drivers, among other things to be 100% confident that nothing will happen. I'm sure the drivers in this video thought nothing would happen and if it happened to them, I'm sure it could happen to anyone of us.

I don't like saying this sort of thing because going out to a back road and enjoying your car is exciting and fun and I feel like a parent saying this. Just try to get to a track whenever possible. What happened to these guys is the best outcome that could have happened for having an accident. (I'm not saying I'm glad they crashed, I am saying they are lucky no one else was involved.)

Anyway, with a little elbow grease, I'm sure that'll buff out.

agreed Riley... one thing that i've noticed especially this spring after the extra ponies is that these cars can be a handful on anything but perfect roads and even a short push of the throttle can produce speeds that can be lethal... Now... i must go get that road race track info... there is a group here that goes out. :D think i'll send them an email!! there is a track out here called stratotech raceway.

Well said Riley. Not a back road IMHO. (2 or 3 on coming in a very short span of filming) Looked to me like he nearly lost it just prior to the accident as well. Sure glad no one else was envolved (don't think the tree was hurting very bad)!!

I've seen this before. We can leave this up as a video of why we should not be driving our cars in excessive speed on public roads. Notice that they are passing cars coming the other way which means that the road is not closed or much of a back road. Imagine if a car had been coming the other way, or if that happened on a blind corner, that could have been very dangerous for other drivers. Don't get me wrong, I would love to go for a burn in my car and there are some things I am not proud of in the past, but we really need to strive that this sort of driving should be done on a track. Our cars are just too fast where we can get into trouble before you know it. Public roads have animals, gravel, pot holes, fluids, debris, inattentive drivers, among other things to be 100% confident that nothing will happen. I'm sure the drivers in this video thought nothing would happen and if it happened to them, I'm sure it could happen to anyone of us.

I don't like saying this sort of thing because going out to a back road and enjoying your car is exciting and fun and I feel like a parent saying this. Just try to get to a track whenever possible. What happened to these guys is the best outcome that could have happened for having an accident. (I'm not saying I'm glad they crashed, I am saying they are lucky no one else was involved.)

Anyway, with a little elbow grease, I'm sure that'll buff out.

He was very lucky someone was not coming around the bend in the road or else they could have had a head on crash and injuries.
Not the thing we want to promote around here (any dangerous driving on public roads) but did decide to post it up to show people what not to do.
Thanks for leaving it in place Riley for everyone to see!

That Vidio has been out for a couple of years.
Thats no back road, It,s the top end of the Tail of the dragon.
A few people are killed there each year.
I have done it on my Harley many times, would love to do it in the Vette.
It's closed right now due to a rock slide. Might be closed all season.:canada:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Users who are viewing this thread