first_place_trailer

Regular
2 You're 10
Oct 29, 2013
Brighton, ONTARIO
VetteCoins
Car
2014 2LT
ARRRRGGGGHHHH!!!! After waiting 6 months with a "confirmed" order I am not getting my car. My spidey senses have been tingling for months and my dealer called last week and said the only way I will have my car in July or August (even though I was told around May 1st) is if I give up the Z51 package. I do not want a new C7 without the package so now I wait
GM is not building ANY cars with the Z51 package until the model build out on Aug 6th. I later found out that the Z51 has been on constraint off and on since November and my dealer did not indicate that this would be an issue!

Communication has been horrible with my dealer. If anyone would like to know where not to buy a car from feel free to PM me.

Now I am paying more for a 2015, at least I can have "shark gray"!

I will be lucky if I get my car in time to put it away. :swear:

Anyways, I am done my rant :(

Yes they did, they told me in October that they had an allocation. I found out later (a month ago) that they did not have an allocation, only the promise of more allocations. They sad thing is that another dealer (a very big corvette dealer) had an available allocation and I went with my current dealer. Shame on me for trusting them.

BG will continue producing '14 Z51's for the next 3 months...your intel is bad.:swear:

Yes, I have a C7 Z51 being built the week of June 9th, so still being produced. I think the constraints are on some of the options, but that changes week to week.

And my dealer just had an allocation for a Z51 come up on Friday to be produced in July, but some one here on the forum snapped it up over the weekend.

Some dealer's feed a lot of crap some times.

If you wait until the 2015's you'll be very luck to get it in the fall, but more like first quarter of 2015.

I am sure if you truly had an allocation you would be fine. Like I said, my dealer told me they did, when they did not. Otherwise no one, no where will get a Z51. I can have a base model, but not a Z51.

Like I said, I have talked to dealers from Alberta to Quebec and many of them can provide me a car, not one can get a Z51.

The thought has crossed my mind. especially since we also have a Florida address, dual citizenship and a Florida license. The only thing that stopped me was paying state sales tax, and the currency exchange.

I am a very frustrated consumer!

Well, does that ever suck!!! Sorry to hear about your issues with such a sad dealership. Boo on them! I hope you find one really soon or one of the new colors is worth the wait.

Yes they did, they told me in October that they had an allocation. I found out later (a month ago) that they did not have an allocation, only the promise of more allocations. They sad thing is that another dealer (a very big corvette dealer) had an available allocation and I went with my current dealer. Shame on me for trusting them.

that sucks

Hello Forum mates!

I have a little inside info (as I work at a Corvette Dealership in Ontario) so I though Id share with you all.

Last week we were given a last minute allocation for a 2014 Coupe with Z51 Pkg for a specific customer who only wanted a Convertible with Z51 so he turned down that allocation. So the factory gave us 3 more business days to sell that vehicle or lose it. Thanks to the forum moderators who allowed me to post that thread and we were able to assign this allocation to this fine gentleman.

We submitted the order in and 3 hrs later we got a call from the Corvette factory that they can no longer build the Z51 package. but we can have the Coupe with any other option. That made us all cringe at the dealership, specially me as it was now my duty to call my very happy client and break the news to him that we can no longer offer him Z51, or Magnetic suspension or the Black Rims he wanted! I dont blame him for one minute for cancelling the order. I would probably have done the same.

So having said that I wanted to clarify that even the dealership are a victim of poor communication from the factory. My guess is that the factory didnt really think we would be able to sell it so quickly to someone else and they probably had another dealer with a firm order with deposit so they gave the allocation to that dealership instead. And yes the Z51 package has been in very short supply throughout the 2014 production. Hopefully it eases up next year.

Having said the above, we currently still have that 1 allocation for a 2014 Coupe without Z51. We expect to get delivery by late July. Fortunately this time if we do not have a factory order the factory has allowed us to place an order for our dealership which means we will have it on the floor in July for immediate delivery.

If anyone interested in this please PM me or call/TXT me right away. Cell: 416-826-7006.

Best of luck!

Owais Jamali
416-826-7006

Can anybody tell us why the US is still getting a lot of allocations (Z51, etc.),
and yet nothing is available for Canada ?????

Why is GM Screwing Canada ????

Can anybody tell us why the US is still getting a lot of allocations (Z51, etc.),
and yet nothing is available for Canada ?????

Why is GM Screwing Canada ????

Small market and they service their big US dealers first. They are selling everything they can build in the US... Canada is, unfortunately, an after thought IMO.

gthal said:
Small market and they service their big US dealers first. They are selling everything they can build in the US... Canada is, unfortunately, an after thought IMO.

And there are quite a few Canadians who are willing to buy,
yet they won't let us buy from a US dealer.

Seems to me... "Cutting off your nose to spite your face".

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.