Apr 30, 2012
Ontario
VetteCoins
Car
2005 C6 1SB
I love seeing race cars from waaaay back that guys built back then and the cars have managed to survive. Time Capsule 1937 Ford Sedan Back on the Dragstrip after 50 Years of Hibernation A friend restored his old stock car that he raced in the Toronto area at tracks like Pinecrest in the late fifties and early sixties. He even has the triangle CTC emblem on the trunk. I want to get pictures some time when he has it outside.

Keith, I would love to see that car. Those days of the CNE, which used to draw 18,000 people for a race, Pinecrest, Speedway Park, and all the other forgotten speedways were just so special.

Keith, I would love to see that car. Those days of the CNE, which used to draw 18,000 people for a race, Pinecrest, Speedway Park, and all the other forgotten speedways were just so special.
Graham lives about a mile south of Little Britain. He has part of one of his buildings that is literally a museum from old lawn tractors, to gas pumps to a bicycle with wood spoked wheels, to a huge collection of oil cans, to a collection of old ford four cylinder engines with aftermarket manifolds and carburetors from the era and V 8 engines with mulitple car setups and the supercharged piece. You could probably spend half of a day there looking at stuff. A friend is talking about organizing a spring tour so I will keep you updated on that. Would be fun as he too has a Corvette, 1965 style coupe.

I have some stock car pictures that I bought from the concession stand at Pinecrest on the last night they ran. I will have to scan them and post them. Nobody thought the days of Pinecrest were over, the track was to have been rebuilt. Sadly never happened.

The CNE was interesting and as said crowds of 18,000 were not uncommon. The first race car to run there was Barney Oldfileds Peerless Green Dragon in the early 1900's. The city decided to turn it into a track and field facility. It never recovered and went unused for many years. It was a big deal to everyone but politicians. Somethings never ever change.

Sounds like quite the place Keith and I would love to see it if we get an invite. Thanks.

I have some stock car pictures that I bought from the concession stand at Pinecrest on the last night they ran. I will have to scan them and post them. Nobody thought the days of Pinecrest were over, the track was to have been rebuilt. Sadly never happened.

The CNE was interesting and as said crowds of 18,000 were not uncommon. The first race car to run there was Barney Oldfileds Peerless Green Dragon in the early 1900's. The city decided to turn it into a track and field facility. It never recovered and went unused for many years. It was a big deal to everyone but politicians. Somethings never ever change.

Sounds like quite the place Keith and I would love to see it if we get an invite. Thanks.
I'll let you know when I know more. I'm not the on organizing the get together.

you boys should come out and watch us run in the shannonville nostalgia series. lots of nostalgia cars at armdrop too.

IMG_0804 (1 of 1).jpg

12088207_701867103248709_7329624502322323082_n.jpg

unnamed.jpg

11954586_885004951586842_3424107449300615662_n.jpg

Reactions: Black 03 Z06
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.