This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Question Noise when brake pedal is depressed?

Cody777

I'm New Here
Jun 2, 2014
Morin Heights, QC
VetteCoins
Car
2011 Grand Sport
Province
QC
Have been looking at an ‘06 Convertible, which is in great condition. Quick question though; when in Park, and the brake pedal is depressed I can hear a slight tapping or knocking noise each time the brake pedal is stepped on. This noise appears to be coming from near the center console, near where my right knee and/or thigh sits. (Hard to tell exactly but that’s close to where I hear it.)

Car brakes normally etc.

Any ideas are appreciated...

Cody

I could be off on this but I believe it is in the passenger side foot well, peel back the carpet and there are relays and fuses. I think the relay for the brake lights are here. You will hear them 'click' each time you touch the brake pedal. If I was home I could do a quick check for you but I won't be home for a while yet.

Thanks 12cents...I wondered about a relay or a switch. I will check this and let you know. It seems a tad louder to me than the usual clicking noise from a brake switch but who knows.

Thanks for the great advice.

If it's auto trans, it might be the shifter / safety switch release.
If it clicks more than once per push on the pedal, there might be gremlins.

My car does this.

Any time the brake lights go on, I hear a 'click'.

Turn the radio on. It's fine.

I believe the reverse lights to the same thing, but cannot confirm at this point in time.

It's totally normal. It's the brake relay under carpet passenger side fuse area. It's a larger plastic boxy thing. Some say order an updated version which I did but it wasn't any quieter. I just wrapped mine in a bunch of black electric tape which muffled the click and I hardly hear it now.