I'm New Here
Jun 2, 2014
Morin Heights, QC
VetteCoins
Car
2011 Grand Sport
Province
QC
Have been looking at an ‘06 Convertible, which is in great condition. Quick question though; when in Park, and the brake pedal is depressed I can hear a slight tapping or knocking noise each time the brake pedal is stepped on. This noise appears to be coming from near the center console, near where my right knee and/or thigh sits. (Hard to tell exactly but that’s close to where I hear it.)

Car brakes normally etc.

Any ideas are appreciated...

Cody

I could be off on this but I believe it is in the passenger side foot well, peel back the carpet and there are relays and fuses. I think the relay for the brake lights are here. You will hear them 'click' each time you touch the brake pedal. If I was home I could do a quick check for you but I won't be home for a while yet.

Thanks 12cents...I wondered about a relay or a switch. I will check this and let you know. It seems a tad louder to me than the usual clicking noise from a brake switch but who knows.

Thanks for the great advice.

My car does this.

Any time the brake lights go on, I hear a 'click'.

Turn the radio on. It's fine.

I believe the reverse lights to the same thing, but cannot confirm at this point in time.

It's totally normal. It's the brake relay under carpet passenger side fuse area. It's a larger plastic boxy thing. Some say order an updated version which I did but it wasn't any quieter. I just wrapped mine in a bunch of black electric tape which muffled the click and I hardly hear it now.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.