C5 Alberta
Jun 29, 2021
Cochrane,Ab
VetteCoins
Car
2001 Corvette
Province
AB
Went to start the car this morning. Turn the key lights all come on as normal. Turn the key nothing, no click no attempt to start. Put a battery charger on it, waited about 29 minutes still nothing. Can anyone suggest what might be wrong please?

Reactions: 2KforeverC5
Went to start the car this morning. Turn the key lights all come on as normal. Turn the key nothing, no click no attempt to start. Put a battery charger on it, waited about 29 minutes still nothing. Can anyone suggest what might be wrong please?

If its an automatic, try pushing the shifter up in park harder., that might work.

Sometimes the ignition key dirty need to clean . Or try the spare key sometimes the old key chip get weak
I tride both keys after cleaning them, still nothing. Tried boosting stil nothing. I’m at a l,oss of where to go from here…

On the C4, its located behind the clutch lever and its not very easy to access. On mine the was a large yellow connector, which I opened up and inserted a wire to bypass the switch. With the switch bypassed ,if its the problem, the car should start. Caution however is the car will also start without depressing the clutch lever. Suggest a google search, you'll probably find a video for the C5.

Good luck.

Try having someone bump the solenoid and the starter with a shovel handle while you try the key. Had many Chevy's back in the day when the solenoid or starter got a little tired, they would do the same thing. My skid steer is doing the same thing now. No click, no nothing. Every few attempts to start and i have to tap the starter with a rubber hammer. A bump or two and away they went. If that works, you will likely need to replace soon.

Go to fuse box under passenger side. Look for fuse 10M for crank (CRK) l think number (14 ) check that fuse if it's good l think the fuse it's the problem
Thank you, where is this fuse box located exactly?
Just to pile on something else, when you turn the key to the on position can you hear the fuel pump? If the VATS system
detects a fault or error, you'll get a no fuel pump and no starter condition. Are you having fun....yet.
i think I do hear the fuel pump. Thanks, I’m going to check the #14 fuse

Reactions: 2KforeverC5
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.