If you had the tint applied then that is your own doing.
If you bought an OEM stock car off the showroom floor and some one who knows more than the OEM wants to ticket you then I would say you have a good chance of getting it thrown out. The OEM would take an interest in having their vehicles declared noncompliant.
Ignorance of the law is not can not be pleaded but the OEM lawyers are probably quite conversant in all the in's and out's wherever the cars are sold.

Nope.... paid to put it on... paid to pull it off... and will pay to put it back on. 😂

Reactions: YFCvii
Nope.... paid to put it on... paid to pull it off... and will pay to put it back on. 😂
That is what I mean. It was not a "stock" option listed on the option sheet from GM.
I know that here in Quebec that a driver side tinted window can get you at the very least a warning - nice police - or a ticket - not so nice. This is not a listed option when you buy the car.

That is what I mean. It was not a "stock" option listed on the option sheet from GM.
I know that here in Quebec that a driver side tinted window can get you at the very least a warning - nice police - or a ticket - not so nice. This is not a listed option when you buy the car.

Ah ya... we all know tinting side windows is a risk for a ticket just about everywhere. But we drive Corvettes so like to stand out from the crowd of drones in the minivans and pickups.
Dare to live.... and not just be alive.

Reactions: Rruuff Day
Ah ya... we all know tinting side windows is a risk for a ticket just about everywhere. But we drive Corvettes so like to stand out from the crowd of drones in the minivans and pickups.
Dare to live.... and not just be alive.
Agreed on that.
Back in my Harley days the cop did not believe me that the mufflers had fell off as a reason for being straight pipe.
The whole thought here is that if you have a "stock" vehicle from the dealership then a ticket from some over zealous cop would have little chance of standing up in court.
Up to the owner if he wishes to contest and spend the money or pay the fine. You could always countersue for damages and time.

Reactions: ddgermann
Just visiting the site after reading a news item about mud flaps. Apparently, in Saskatchewan, it's a necessary evil to have to prevent rocks being thrown back to vehicle behind. A drug bust took place in Sask after a traffic stop citing "No mud flap" violation.
Lesson to learn from this - if you don't have mud flaps don't carry dope with you. Must have been something other than pot though or one hell of a lot of it.

Lesson to learn from this - if you don't have mud flaps don't carry dope with you. Must have been something other than pot though or one hell of a lot of it.
From the article:

"A search of their vehicle uncovered three kilograms of methamphetamine, 0.5 kilograms of cocaine, and three handguns, police say. "

Yeah, umm...... i think that would be enough to get you a "chauffeured ride" to some high quality "hotel accommodations"......:rolleyes:

Reactions: LE BARON
From the article:

"A search of their vehicle uncovered three kilograms of methamphetamine, 0.5 kilograms of cocaine, and three handguns, police say. "

Yeah, umm...... i think that would be enough to get you a "chauffeured ride" to some high quality "hotel accommodations"......:rolleyes:
Unfortunately the high quality hotel is too 'high quality' and won't be a nearly long enough stay. JMO

• Haha
Reactions: Kev and ddgermann
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.