Yup

!

Of course beauty is in they eye of the beholder and being the simpleton that I am ... To me the most beautiful car ever produced would be the 67 Vette of course

side view of a 67 Corvette 427 with side exhausts
67 Chevy Corvette Interior
1967 Chevrolet Corvette 427
Another contender.
IMG_2112.jpeg

Just stunning ..... who said the Corvette was the attainable sports car ? That example would probably command more than half a million ... and of course its sitting in front of probably a 20 million dollar house ... the frame cant even capture all the garage doors :p

Lotta time , effort, energy and money in that.... but the end result? Meh (IMO which means nothing, just sayin')

Meh .... mabe and I dont think I'd make some of the choices they did in restoring a C3 ... But this particular Vette in Corvette Summer did start the love affair for the Corvette for alot of people .... me included ;)

I say it's a 66 Ferrari Lemans racer. Looks close to the 330p4 but take a close look side by side at the front ends and you'll see the difference. They changed a bit in 67 . Not obvious at first glance.
Found three opinions on Mr Google that are saying 1969 330 p4 . That’s all I have to go by . None of them would allow to be linked to unfortunately.

Reactions: Black 03 Z06
No worries. I've been wrong before. I looked more at the air intake placement on the p4 compared to the Lemans. The Lemans has the intakes (or I assume they are intakes) almost sitting right down on the splitter while the p4 has a 2 inch or more gap.....
Could be the result of parallax . ;) Or bourbon , lol .

• Wow
Always been interested in old race cars that some doubled as drivers at some point in their lives. This is a Maserati Tipo 151 originally powered by a Maserati 450s V8. At some point in the search for more power to overcome evil handling and poor braking, they shoehorned a 427 Ford. NASCAR racer, Marvin Panch did much damage in practice for the 24hours of Daytona. Rebuilt it took the life of Lloyd "Lucky" Casner in practice for the 1962 Le Mans race. A replica of the car is apparently in a private collection in Germany.

The engineering is really incredible, however not everything works out as planned.

640px-1962_Maserati_Tipo_151_(151.006),_front_right_at_Greenwich_2018.jpg

This relative is always referred to as the "Birdcage". The intricate chassis is a marvel, it was a very successful race car.

1960-maserati-tipo-61-birdcage-AMAR9A.jpg

01maseratibirdcagerm2010.jpeg

Always been interested in old race cars that some doubled as drivers at some point in their lives. This is a Maserati Tipo 151 originally powered by a Maserati 450s V8. At some point in the search for more power to overcome evil handling and poor braking, they shoehorned a 427 Ford. NASCAR racer, Marvin Panch did much damage in practice for the 24hours of Daytona. Rebuilt it took the life of Lloyd "Lucky" Casner in practice for the 1962 Le Mans race. A replica of the car is apparently in a private collection in Germany.

The engineering is really incredible, however not everything works out as planned.

View attachment 121023

This relative is always referred to as the "Birdcage". The intricate chassis is a marvel, it was a very successful race car.

View attachment 121024

View attachment 121026
You know it’s going to be good when the Alamy brothers are involved. ;)

• Haha
If they pulled that ugly protrusion off the front and did something with the scoops it wouldn’t be too bad. Especially with that sweet Ferrari 12 banger .
Agreed. The protusion reminds me of suckerfish we use to catch as a kid.... The scoops... Well that's another story. Makes me wonder who the nose model was...

nostril.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread