AllFlash

Power User
Jul 25, 2014
Niagara
VetteCoins
Car
2015 Z06
Since my good friend Stanley hasn't posted this here yet, I thought I might mention that he is planning a cruise of the Niagara Region for Saturday 4 July 2015. There will be alot of Vettes and pick-up points will be at Tim Hortons along the QEW at Dixon, Winston Churchill and Centennial Parkway before starting through Niagara.

From Stoney Creek, we will follow along the escarpment Ridge for some great sites, then to Fly Road and (if I can talk him into it) then to Twenty Mile Creek and Decew Falls which has some amazing hills, twists and turns. From there we will head under the canal to Betty's in the Falls for lunch before starting the river Run. After lunch, we will head to fort Erie and then follow the Niagara River through the Falls and Niagara-On-The-Lake. Bring pop and a cooler as it is a full day run.

The original thread is posted below but i thought this might be a great opportunity for many new owners to finally meet and maybe even take some ribbing from those vette elders!

http://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...ara-on-the-lake-cruise-sat-july-4-2015-a.html

Hope to meet and see some of our Forum members...might even be worth the ride from Saskatewan no?

Definitely, shine only. Not a lot of fun cruising in the rain, kind of limits views to scenery. It's one thing to go out and then get caught in the rain, quite another to go out in the rain. But if we do get rained out, there will be a rain day.

Here is my pics thread from last years cruise.
http://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...t-up-your-niagara-falls-cruise-pics-here.html

And FYI. I don't restrict my cruise days to Corvettes only. All manners of "muscle" cars or exotics, are welcome.

Murray, since the initial meet is for 9am, what time do you plan on leaving and are you coming down the 400?

Last edited:
Stan, I would have to leave early no doubt about that. I can have the car all packed up and ready to go. I guess I would have to check the weather before leaving, often very different in the south from what it is here.

Yes I would come down 400, it is the quickest way to get to TO. Where is the first meeting spot and perhaps knowing the second one would help as well.

I am trying to get a friend who lives in Mississauga to ride with me so a place to leave his car would be great but I can work on that.

Last years cruise looked like a really good time, so I don't want to miss it this year.

How about it guys, lots of folks on this site live in the area. Can we get a huge turnout from this forum? That would be great to finally meet more of the people who play here. :Cheers2:

Who else is in???

We'll head into Niagara Falls, stop at Betty's on Sodom Rd for lunch and then head out to Fort Erie to begin our cruise on the Niagara Parkway. Reservations for 20-30 people under Stan Penko, Corvette Forum.

Please arrive at the meet up points 10-15 minutes before or earlier the posted times. These are the depart times from these locations. i.e: We leave at 9am, 10am and 11am.

First meet up will be at the Tim Hortons at Dixon and Martin Grove for 9AM.

Second Meet up will be the Tim Hortons at Winston Churchill and QEW for 10AM.

Third Meet up will be the Gateway Ice Center on Fruitland Rd. for 11AM.

There are Petro Canada/Shell Gas Stations in the vicinity. Please make sure to have a full tank of gas from one of these 3 stops.

We'll cruise the back roads to the tunnel and then the last stop will be Betty's for around 1PM

From there we cruise to Fort Erie and NotL. One last bathroom break and then Niagara Parkway to the round about past the electrical station to get back onto the QEW. This will be where I stop leading. After this, you are on your own. I estimate, barring anything unforeseen happening, to be at the round about around 4pm give or take. I am adding an additional stop before getting on the highway at the Cholocate FX just up the road from the round about, if any one else is interested, can follow me there.

This is going to be a long day of driving so bring refreshments with you and protection from the sun for us topless drivers, and anything else you might need.

Last edited:
Take the south exit from the highway and then look right. It is right behind the gas station...can't miss it! It will be great to meet some of the CCF gang...hope some of the new owners jump in as well!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.