Man your head is going to pop. The first drive, in your first Corvette, is nothing less than epic. I do not think I slept for 3 days after that drive.

Congratulations Amigo!

thanks man.You’re completely right. That first drive will be epic. Provided the shipping company is telling me the truth it’ll be here in a week. I’ll try and film the delivery and the first drive if I can!

Welcome aboard! I love the C7 in Arctic White. Nice choice. I too am a new owner, having finally purchased my first Vette last September. It had been my dream car for most of my life, and I am loving every minute of ownership. As you can imagine, having purchased it in September meant I would not get to play with it for long before it needed to be stored for the winter, so I am trying to make up for that lost time this season. I see you are in Alberta. There seems to be several of us here, so perhaps we can do an Alberta meet up this year. One of the members tried to organize one in Ponoka for May, but that damn virus screwed up those plans.
Anyhoo, again, welcome!
Dale.
Hi Dale
Sounds good to me. I’m west of Calgary but completely down with a meet. Perhaps we should plan something in a few weeks time. By the first time I’ve ever owned a sports car and will probably need some quick tips on how to avoid pitfalls. Have always used blind spot monitoring. Aside from adjusting mirrors anything else I can purchase to improve my line of sight? Also how best to avoid scraping the bottom given it’s so low?

Hi Dale
Sounds good to me. I’m west of Calgary but completely down with a meet. Perhaps we should plan something in a few weeks time. By the first time I’ve ever owned a sports car and will probably need some quick tips on how to avoid pitfalls. Have always used blind spot monitoring. Aside from adjusting mirrors anything else I can purchase to improve my line of sight? Also how best to avoid scraping the bottom given it’s so low?
It’s funny you should mention the blind spot issue. I just posted a question to our fellow members about an add on Pana-View mirror that I was hesitant to install yesterday. We shall see what the folks here think about the device. There is a website that has some nice accessories for the C7 that this mirror came from. It is SandyEggoDesigns.com. I got it for Christmas, and at that time, it came as part of a “must have” accessory kit, which included the bin buddy shelf, the seatbelt clips and the drivers side pana-view mirror. I don’t see that it comes as a kit anymore, which is too bad, as it seemed to be a good price for all 3 items.
As far as scraping goes, I have been lucky so far, as I have not had it happen. I had to go up quite a steep driveway last week that I was concerned about, but had no issues when coming at it at an angle.
Perhaps we can get a meet and greet going again in a couple of weeks, maybe around Red Deer (half way for the Edmonton/Calgary crowd).

Reactions: Morby and ddgermann
Thanks for the welcome guys!
Based in Calgary and just bought the vehicle today. Waiting for it to be shipped from another province. Will be posting pics once delivered.
Love the car!
I would be super grateful if someone could provide advice on rims. Are replica rims reliable? Im after the Machined Gloss or Satin black Z51 rims for OEM 18 and 19 inch wheels.
If anyone has a clean set or can point me in the right direction that would be amazing!
OFS
Welcome and thank you for posting your Photos.

I saw a set of NEW Black OEM Corvette Wheels on a Dealership Parts Floor
last Fall in Red Deer. I just can't remember which one.
There are only two Dealerships there so give both Parts Departments a call
as they might still be there.
Try calling Sherwood Park Chevrolet too as they often have OEM Wheels
on their Parts Floor too.

If all else fails, you can option to call Cory at Northgate Chevrolet in Edmonton.
He was very helpful finding REAL after-market wheels for me for a Chevy Trax.
There is too many after-market wheels that don't take the stuff that is dumped
on our roads very well. Even in the Spring thaw, the road crap until the big rains
is a real bugger to get off some wheels … so I bought wheels that are much better
for cleaning that stuff off.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: ddgermann
... I’m west of Calgary but completely down with a meet. Perhaps we should plan something in a few weeks time. By the first time I’ve ever owned a sports car and will probably need some quick tips on how to avoid pitfalls. Have always used blind spot monitoring. Aside from adjusting mirrors anything else I can purchase to improve my line of sight? Also how best to avoid scraping the bottom given it’s so low?
I reside in YYC and am in Edmonton a fair bit during the Summer while a Ma-Me-O (Pigeon Lake).
I will be back in YYC on June 18th if you want a meet thereafter to go over anything of concern.
Both My Wife and I drive our own C7s and attended the Spring Mountain Corvette Owners School.
So we would be most happy to go over and introduce even the simplest of things of concern to you.
Cheers, Spence

Reactions: ddgermann
I reside in YYC and am in Edmonton a fair bit during the Summer while a Ma-Me-O (Pigeon Lake).
I will be back in YYC on June 18th if you want a meet thereafter to go over anything of concern.
Both My Wife and I drive our own C7s and attended the Spring Mountain Corvette Owners School.
So we would be most happy to go over and introduce even the simplest of things of concern to you.
Cheers, Spence

Thanks Spence
I am in YYC and will likely take you up on your offer!

Reactions: YFCvii
Hey OFS, welcome aboard! It's been said already, but lets see some photos of that beauty when it arrives. Looking forward to meeting you at some point.

Definitely! Once it arrives I will post pics on this forum. Quick question, does anyone know if Chevrolet offers extended warranty on cars purchased privately? Is it worth it?
Hear so many different viewpoints on the extended warranty program, not sure whats right and whats wrong

Definitely! Once it arrives I will post pics on this forum. Quick question, does anyone know if Chevrolet offers extended warranty on cars purchased privately? Is it worth it?
Hear so many different viewpoints on the extended warranty program, not sure whats right and whats wrong

I believe if the car is still within the 3 year initial warranty period, the extended warranty is still available to you.

Bought the extended warranty for my 03 Z06. Waste of money should have just kept it in the bank in case of issues.

Welcome to the forum and best of luck with your new Corvette.

Thanks! seriously debating it because I'd be floored if anything went wrong. Simple piece of mind I guess but totally understand what you are saying. Makes sense!
Appreciate the honest feedback!
O

Welcome and thank you for posting your Photos.

I saw a set of NEW Black OEM Corvette Wheels on a Dealership Parts Floor
last Fall in Red Deer. I just can't remember which one.
There are only two Dealerships there so give both Parts Departments a call
as they might still be there.
Try calling Sherwood Park Chevrolet too as they often have OEM Wheels
on their Parts Floor too.

If all else fails, you can option to call Cory at Northgate Chevrolet in Edmonton.
He was very helpful finding REAL after-market wheels for me for a Chevy Trax.
There is too many after-market wheels that don't take the stuff that is dumped
on our roads very well. Even in the Spring thaw, the road crap until the big rains
is a real bugger to get off some wheels … so I bought wheels that are much better
for cleaning that stuff off.

cory is a star, thumbs up for that parts guy

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.