Shayne

Regular
You're a Regular 2 You're 10 Completionist Award
Dec 1, 2010
VetteCoins
hi, i just signed up for this forum. i don't have a vette yet. i've wanted one as long asi can remember. preference is a c6 electron blue soft top, but i like almost all the different generations.

Welcome. You may find it is slow on here right now but there is lots of good poeple with good information. So are you looking for a vette right now? You said you like the C6's but is that what you want to get.

Not trying to be nosy, just curiosity.

T

i really like the looks of the c6, as well as the c5. i used to have older muscle cars,(mostly mopars) but i like the new technologies of fuel injection, cruise control, a/c, etc. compared to the older cars. a friend has a 63 convertable nice but not for me. last vette i rode in was a 73.

Ya the older ones typically are a bit less comfortable, although many C3's had A/C and Cruise. I agree that sometimes the newer technologies is nice to have though. Plus the C5's are capable of 30+ highway MPG. I think Riley's car got about 33MPG the day he brought it home from the States. Anyway, good luck with finding a vette. If you have questions don't be afraid to ask, someone here will know the answer or else find it for you.

T

You can't beat modern cars for performance, safety, and fuel economy! I am a muscle car guy at heart but my Corvette is more reliable, faster, safer, and uses a third of the fuel on the highway. Chevelle for the city, Corvette for the highway. Best of both worlds.

Absolutely amazing what some people can do. Not to be a pooper but there is something odd with the proportions around the back window and the belt-line seems off. HOWEVER, with that said, I don't know how they could do it any other way and it looks like they put a tone of care and thought into the design. Maybe they tried to make it look too much like a C2 if that makes sense.

Even though I think the C2 is the nicest looking Corvette, the best modern interpretation of a retro vette has to be this one. C3R Corvette Stingray by Christian Cyrulewski - Top Speed

Absolutely amazing what some people can do. Not to be a pooper but there is something odd with the proportions around the back window and the belt-line seems off. HOWEVER, with that said, I don't know how they could do it any other way and it looks like they put a ton of care and thought into the design. Maybe they tried to make it look too much like a C2 if that makes sense.

Even though I think the C2 is the nicest looking Corvette, the best modern interpretation of a retro vette has to be this one. C3R Corvette Stingray by Christian Cyrulewski - Top Speed

Yup there are some really nice looking cars out there. Now if only someone would rearend Riley so I can have his engine!

I have often thought about rebuilding my body onto a C5 Chassis and drivetrain. Unfortunatly the cash isn't there for me to do it.

T

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.