Dec 26, 2009
Ponoka, AB.
VetteCoins
Car
2014 C7 3LT Z51
Province
AB
Hi everyone, this looks like a great site. I got my 2000 coupe (new to me) just before all this snow. I did manage to get about 900 klms on before getting slamed with a massive storm. Color is pewter and she is in awesome condition inside and out! Looking forward to talking with and or meeting some of ya.

Bruce

Welcome! We have relatives in Panoka, going up there next weekend to the extended family Christmas.

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone!
Riley, it is the perfect vette for me. Wasn't expecting to find a C5 in such awesome shape. Standard size wheels with 17" 245's on front and 18" 275's on the rear.
Car Guy, Ponoka is south of Edmonton about 90 klm or north of Calgary about 170 klm.

HLN, hey that would be great. I have a son who lives on the east side so I'm up there a fair bit.........Hey Ponoka is a nice little burn also. Not sure but think an Edmonton vette culb visited Ponoka last year around our Stampede.

Riley, with regards to the bra. I love the looks of the bra on some cars. Of course theres a lot of guys who figure it scrathes/wears the paint ect. My buddy is running the same bra on his vette. After it being on his car for close to two years we looked at the condition of the paint........no wear marks, no scratching. I haven't had mine on long enough to know. Its thick enough material so I'm sure it will protect against rock chips. The bra on my motorcycle has been on for about 5 years and the paint is mint and yet some guys will say don't run a bra because of the same above reasons. Guess it depends a bit on driving conditions how careful/concerned you are about grit in yer bra ect. I know as I write this there is no grit in my bra (ha ha) on the vette or on the bike. Then again my wife says I'm a bit an-l about such things.

I have the 3M protective film clear bra..Was already on the car when I bought it...Works really nice.....Cant even tell there is a bra on there unless you go up close

Last edited:
Riley, this bra fit on sooooo tight that little to no grit gets in. Before I wash I check to see if I can find any........then wash and I only use the wand wash so I can direct the spray away from trying to get under the bra. I end up getting very little water on the bra itself and clean it by hand.
Crusher, if your 3M job is anything like the one I recently saw, it is very sweet.

Has anyone noticed any discoloration of the 3m film? I have yet to see one that didn't start to peel or turn yellow. My bro had 3m put on his new car through the dealer and within 2 months they had to peel it all off and start over. (Yes, it was specifically 3m and some other cheaper product)
[mob][/mob]

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.