AllFlash

Power User
Jul 25, 2014
Niagara
VetteCoins
Car
2015 Z06
Reactions: smackYYZ
Best all around review I have read. I have been on the search for my new ride since selling my C6 Z. I have been toying with a ZR1, Stingray or new Z. With what these guys want for a ZR1 I think I'm leaning towards the new Z. Found a private sale here in Alberta I'm going to check out this week, equipped same as yours except not an auto.

Hey folks,

Enjoying this car so much I decided to put together an all inclusive article on this rainy weekend and publish it. It has something for all and even some pointers for new buyers, Canadian and US! The link is below and I would love to hear your thoughts here or in the comments section below the article. Enjoy!!!

http://www.technologyx.com/auto/chasing-the-corvette-c7-z06-gms-pursuit-of-auto-perfection/

Well done, Les, an excellent source of information for those unacquainted with the 2015 Z06. As a fellow Z06 owner, one who intends to use his car to replace a Porsche in HPDE instruction activity, I'm concerned with esoteric matters like what to do about premature calefaction. Reports of contributors to Corvette Forum USA regarding track experience with modifications (follow GM's prescription of front license plate bracket removal, Mobil 1 15/50 and high temperature brake fluid; partial successes reported by those who use more water relative to glycol, use WaterWetter, buy a Ron Davis or the like aftermarket radiator, fashion heat shields, etc. ) are encouraging, suggesting that an owner can without an impossible amount of aggravation and expense fashion a car that meets GM advertising claims re "the most track capable Corvette ever" for more than three or four laps before it overheats. GM has undoubtedly noticed the Chrysler ads proclaiming the Viper's ability to run at track speeds indefinitely (unlike some HP cars they could mention).
I'm looking forward to your next literary endeavour re the Z06. Perhaps you could mention some owners' experiences. This owner was bowled over by how easy it is to live with: GM dealers everywhere for service; coupe holds two sets of golf clubs plus luggage (try that with a Porsche, Lamborghini, Ferrari or McLaren); the radio is audible (unlike the one in my 2011 Boxster Spyder) and I'm pretty sure the noise level would go down substantially if tires other than Michelin Sport Cup 2s were fitted. The handsome Z06 wheels are not terribly expensive, again unlike other cars with similar performance (Porsche, Lamborghini, Ferrari, McLaren), so fitting a set of quieter tires/wheels for touring is easy.

Very nicely done. Have you considered a change in careers. I hear GM is hiring. Oh by the way ... is that your castle ... I mean house, in the background of one of the photos?:Biggrin:

That is my occupation. I run websites and write when I am in the mood... Thanks by the way for the comp. My house is the one with the dog lying in it last page of the report. If you look at the first vid..you will see him blocking my exit from the driveway.

Nice write up, Les, it makes me feel good about my order to purchase. The whole cooling issue thing was getting me a little worried, cause I do want to do some rare track days but since some owners are having no issues at the track perhaps an amateur like me will be just fine. I aint Randy Pobst.

Looks like you can have a second career as a writer.

Cheers Brother.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Users who are viewing this thread