Featured Thread
Man oh man your not fooling around there, thats a major undertaking! :Cheers2: Good on you and best of luck. I shall follow your thread as you make progress on your build. I don't think I could tackle something like that anymore..... short of patience as I age... lol

I posted this in the corner of the forum that very few read or have any interest in, but it gives some reading info during these winter months while all the Vettes are sleeping. I doubt I will ever tackle a Corvette restoration job , but the 58's I can do with my eyes closed at my age so while I still have spark I am banging and scratching away.
Keeping the Spark self-contained as you are in a garage ...Bang and Scratch to your Heart’s content. Heck if a few, including myself, were closer, I’d think you’d have a line up at the door on any day you call out to ask for someone to hold the other end of a part 😁👍🏻... awesome thread & thanks

Thanks guys much appreciated, no Draggins this year BDK but will try for their 60th next year. Another thing I got done was trying to get the old school look for the wheels. I have Cragar SS on all my other 58's, but this one I want to run the mid 60's style Fenton Hawk look with their awesome rare 3 bar spinner. Finding nice Hawk's from the 60's is impossible, but I did find the spinners a few years ago. Cragar several years ago ran off a batch of Eliminator 500 wheels which look very similar to the old Fenton Hawks, so I was lucky enough to grab a set before they went obsolete. But I had to design and make a tapered center to fit the wheel and bolt on the Fenton spinner that looked liked what the original Hawks had. I bought a 20" tube of 6061 aluminum 3 1/4 od 1/2" wall. I don't have a taper attachment on my lathe so I gave it to my buddy Gerry to do as would save me time trying to cut with mine. I pollished one and you can see the difference from the not pollished ( which is dang nice too as is ). 6061 is very nice stuff to work with. I love the look of the center sticking out like the Hawks had, similar to what C2 Corvette knockoffs were too , the spinner is outside of the rim like a Roman Chariot and you can see the bars spinning. I just have to figure out a way of attaching them to the rim now as that is abit of a trick also but will get it done. Pic # 1 of the original Fenton Hawk from mid 60's shows the look I am trying to capture. For those of you younger guys, Fenton made wheels and speed equipment in the 60's and 70's , things like shifters, split manifolds multi carb setups for 6 cyl chev etc etc. I think they will look good on the car and has my little added touch of custom " my way " that no one else has. I am going with a theme of holes and ribs on the car but that will make more sense when you see it all done.

...Fenton Hawk...
View attachment 25147

View attachment 25148

View attachment 25149

View attachment 25150

View attachment 25151

View attachment 25152

View attachment 25153
awesome

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.