Me too never heard of them---unless you meant granatelli motorsports??...they have an exhaust setup for the C5 but I never heard the exhaust sounds from it.....Cant go wrong with Corsa, Borla, etc.....They are all good just depends the sound you want...Each one has their distinct note...Check out Youtube for some sounds before you decide

Last edited:
I've never heard of that system either. But for whatever it's worth, I've decided to have a new Magnaflow cat-back system installed next spring (along with LG Street Series headers). As the guys stated, it depends on the sound and performance you want - I wanted something with a nice efficient flow, more power and a nice, low "growl" to it when I'm tearing up the roads. :D

Good luck.

I've got kooks on my car with a magnaflow cat back. Both are performing well. I'd say its personal alliances that have a lot of say here :D but all the brands you mentioned are very reputable inded.
[mob][/mob]

Magnaflow is good too

Hey Billydee I am thinking of LG headers too....Not sure when though :D

Kooks, American Racing headers are supposed to be pretty good also
The sooner the better with those headers, Crusher! ;)
I did some research, plus I got the thumbs up recommendation from my man Manny on the LG series which is what contributed to me choosing this brand. Can't wait!!!

Yeah its between LG and Kooks...Think I may go with LG.......

How would it sound with just the headers and stock exhaust???......A little louder than stock??....Was thinking of just the headers to give it the sleeper sound..not to loud at idle and cruising and then when you get on the throttle it the headers scream to life.........Anyone have just headers installed and stock exhaust???.......Then again a performance exhaust does sound sweet.... decisions decisions....LOL

Last edited:
Yeah its between LG and Kooks...Think I may go with LG.......

How would it sound with just the headers and stock exhaust???......A little louder than stock??....Was thinking of just the headers to give it the sleeper sound..not to loud at idle and cruising and then when you get on the throttle it the headers scream to life.........Anyone have just headers installed and stock exhaust???.......Then again a performance exhaust does sound sweet.... decisions decisions....LOL

LG headers with a set of the Z06 Ti's sound awesome :D

Thx
[email protected]

I've got the Grannies on my C5 .... basically a copy of the Borla Stingers.... had the system on for 3 - 4 seasons now, no issues, great sound over stock, better looking bigger tips too, but since I did cam/heads/long tubes etc, the DB level has gone up considerably.... but then again, similar mods with any other cat back would get louder too.... I'd buy them again, no problem, I like the noise....:D

The best sounding cat back I ever heard on a modded C5 though is Manny's, just before he took the engine apart a few years back :rofl:

Anybody heard the new Borla S-Type on a C6? New design seems similiar to Corsa. Atak
a bit too aggressive for me. Not sure how these compare with stingers, also a bit much. Bondurant / Borla promotional video great but hard to determine drone. Down to Corsa Sport or maybe these Borla S-Type. Comments anyone?

Anybody heard the new Borla S-Type on a C6? New design seems similiar to Corsa. Atak
a bit too aggressive for me. Not sure how these compare with stingers, also a bit much. Bondurant / Borla promotional video great but hard to determine drone. Down to Corsa Sport or maybe these Borla S-Type. Comments anyone?

All Borlas / B&B drone . Get the Corsas and you will not be dissapointed :D

All Borlas / B&B drone . Get the Corsas and you will not be dissapointed :D
Thanks for the opinion Manny. However, my understanding the new S-Type is "supposed to be" relatively drone free? By eliminating the tangle of pipes the previous design had, it does suggest to me they re-engineered the tone a bit. On that note, have you personally heard the new S-Type installed on C6? Or, is your response based on feedback? Any additional comments certainly appreciated. Knowing you have heard many variants, your opinion is valued Thanks.

Thanks for the opinion Manny. However, my understanding the new S-Type is "supposed to be" relatively drone free? By eliminating the tangle of pipes the previous design had, it does suggest to me they re-engineered the tone a bit. On that note, have you personally heard the new S-Type installed on C6? Or, is your response based on feedback? Any additional comments certainly appreciated. Knowing you have heard many variants, your opinion is valued Thanks.

I haven not heard the new S-type yet so can't comment on that one .
My comments refer to past systems . I would suggest however , that if that is the way you are leaning , wait to hear one and maybe even drive in one before laying out the cash .

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.