think that is the one I have

4 post lifts are the best, stable and they work

congrads you can never go wrong with a item that makes fiddling with the car fun and easier on the old body

mice can’t climb the 5 foot lift and then you can see what is under the car for dirt and debris

nicely done
thx Jeff. My shop is mouse proof unless I leave the door open too long but yes. Being in the air is a good thing.

think mine is a lift pro

does yours have a flat bar that moves in and out within the c channel of the 4 posts

if so did you do the install?

if so check your measurements on the width and length of the posts

when moving the lift around to its final resting place if you move the 4 posts out of alignment the flat bar can move out of place when using the rest so that the CATCH MECHANISM fails and instantly or over time either the front or the back lift fails and drops to the ground

on mine it was only 1 toot up from the ground so I just raised the lift up to get all 2]4 sides even and then lower it

called the manufacturer and they said the measurements have to be within 1/2 inch as per manual or this can happen

nothing in manual or the folks who did the install said anything

The installers said here is how you move it around until you find when to place it exactly then bolt it to the floor

BUT EVEN WHEN YIU BOLT IT DOWN MAKE SURE THE 4 POSTS ARE CLOSED IN TO MINIMUM SPECS BETWEEN THEM TO ENSURE GOOD WORKING. order and not a floppy lift that can fail

not sure why this is not mentioned much on 4 post lift websites or discussion

I guess most never move them once installed

one is in a side of my garage 30 by 60 so it has been moved 4 times to where it is now

jeff

• Informative
Reactions: Black 03 Z06
think mine is a lift pro

does yours have a flat bar that moves in and out within the c channel of the 4 posts

if so did you do the install?

if so check your measurements on the width and length of the posts

when moving the lift around to its final resting place if you move the 4 posts out of alignment the flat bar can move out of place when using the rest so that the CATCH MECHANISM fails and instantly or over time either the front or the back lift fails and drops to the ground

on mine it was only 1 toot up from the ground so I just raised the lift up to get all 2]4 sides even and then lower it

called the manufacturer and they said the measurements have to be within 1/2 inch as per manual or this can happen

nothing in manual or the folks who did the install said anything

The installers said here is how you move it around until you find when to place it exactly then bolt it to the floor

BUT EVEN WHEN YIU BOLT IT DOWN MAKE SURE THE 4 POSTS ARE CLOSED IN TO MINIMUM SPECS BETWEEN THEM TO ENSURE GOOD WORKING. order and not a floppy lift that can fail

not sure why this is not mentioned much on 4 post lift websites or discussion

I guess most never move them once installed

one is in a side of my garage 30 by 60 so it has been moved 4 times to where it is now

jeff
Mine was installed by Lift King. They explained all of that and lots more to me. When moving the lift, You have to winch strap the uprights to the opposite side to prevent the posts from moving out of alignment. I have no intentions of bolting mine to the floor. Not necessary if you follow the instructions when moving it, but my garage is big enough and it's placed exactly where I wanted it so not really any reason to move it around either. But thanks for the warning.

Reactions: Black 03 Z06
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.