Mojoe

I'm New Here
Oct 4, 2022
VetteCoins
Car
1976 Corvette Stingr
Province
QC
Hi Everyone, new member here. My name is Mike and I am just some 57 year old guy that decided to buy a 1976 Stingray to tinker on. Wasn't my first choice, but it was cheap. Great shape all around. I am currently building a L98 with a 383 stroker kit, intake, roller rockers and lifters, aluminum heads, 750 Edlebrock carb, cam and whatnot. Sounds expensive, huh? Well, it wasn't. As luck would have it the ol' lady just upgraded to a newer Honda Crv and the dealership was only going to give her a grand for her 2010 Santa Fe, and I knew a guy who had all those parts for sale, new in box, plus other goodies like chrome alternator, chrome timing and valve covers...etc, so he could buy a good SUV. So, a trade was made. I almost fainted when he proposed an even trade. I was ready to dish out up to 3 or 4 grand. So ya, got lucky and this is going replace that guy 180 hp l48.

So, this is my story to date. I also have a th400 being built to replace the 350 with 120k miles on it.

I paint, so I will be changing the color. Don't ask me what color because my plan changes from day to day. Part of me wants to go modern with some of the nice new candy colors like a nice dark red candy, or even burnt orange, and then the other part of me is thinking old school, like black with flames or something like that. But I have until spring to think about that.

So there you go. I am the new guy and I am here to learn what I can, share what I can, and maybe someday meet and get to know some fellow Vette owners.

Now I will slip away and look for the right place to ask about an exhaust question. 🙂

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220816-194410.png
    Screenshot_20220816-194410.png
    458.1 KB · Views: 9
  • Screenshot_20220816-194426.png
    Screenshot_20220816-194426.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 6
Reactions: turbozig
Hi Everyone, new member here. My name is Mike and I am just some 57 year old guy that decided to buy a 1976 Stingray to tinker on. Wasn't my first choice, but it was cheap. Great shape all around. I am currently building a L98 with a 383 stroker kit, intake, roller rockers and lifters, aluminum heads, 750 Edlebrock carb, cam and whatnot. Sounds expensive, huh? Well, it wasn't. As luck would have it the ol' lady just upgraded to a newer Honda Crv and the dealership was only going to give her a grand for her 2010 Santa Fe, and I knew a guy who had all those parts for sale, new in box, plus other goodies like chrome alternator, chrome timing and valve covers...etc, so he could buy a good SUV. So, a trade was made. I almost fainted when he proposed an even trade. I was ready to dish out up to 3 or 4 grand. So ya, got lucky and this is going replace that guy 180 hp l48.

So, this is my story to date. I also have a th400 being built to replace the 350 with 120k miles on it.

I paint, so I will be changing the color. Don't ask me what color because my plan changes from day to day. Part of me wants to go modern with some of the nice new candy colors like a nice dark red candy, or even burnt orange, and then the other part of me is thinking old school, like black with flames or something like that. But I have until spring to think about that.

So there you go. I am the new guy and I am here to learn what I can, share what I can, and maybe someday meet and get to know some fellow Vette owners.

Now I will slip away and look for the right place to ask about an exhaust question. 🙂
Great intro Mike. Welcome to the forum. Sounds like you have it all in control. Keep us up to date during your build. :thumbs:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.