Oct 8, 2018
Calgary
VetteCoins
Car
Blown ‘87
Hi all,
Hi from Calgary. I own a 87 c4 but now that c5 prices are getting under 20k I might grab one of those too :D
I’ve had my 87 for a while now and although she still looks stock I’ve done a mod or two since I drove her home. Nice to see other corvette owners in Calgary on this board.

Reactions: Messner
C3918D94-AA67-4BC6-BF1B-09E4EF8C5395.png

Reactions: ddgermann
Very clean looking from here.
What is the story on your 87?

Always wanted a corvette. My favorites were the 68-72 C3’s but i can’t afford a survivor.

I’ve had the car since 1990. After spending years doing all the low cost mods and getting no real results I started the expensive ones. It’s got a Edelbrock/slp intake on it now but that will get replaced with a mini ram after the short block grenades.
Too many mods to list. The latest is a Procharger D1. I’m using meth/water Injection rather than an intercooler. We’ll see how long the stock internals hold up.

the way prices are dropping on the new cars I‘m considering a C5 Z06 as a daily driver.

Hello and welcome.
Although YYC Streets are becoming "Corvette few" right now, I am look forward
to the Annual Alberta "out-from-Hibernation" Cruise to Ponoka each Spring.
Should you be able and are interested, watch for the Event right here on CCF
and join us from Calgary in the morning - returning by about supper time.
The entire day is spent with real great people in their Corvettes.
We even know a few who may join from our neighboring Provinces too.
In the meantime ... Enjoy the forums.
Cheers

Last edited:
Always wanted a corvette. My favorites were the 68-72 C3’s but i can’t afford a survivor.

I’ve had the car since 1990. After spending years doing all the low cost mods and getting no real results I started the expensive ones. It’s got a Edelbrock/slp intake on it now but that will get replaced with a mini ram after the short block grenades.
Too many mods to list. The latest is a Procharger D1. I’m using meth/water Injection rather than an intercooler. We’ll see how long the stock internals hold up.

the way prices are dropping on the new cars I‘m considering a C5 Z06 as a daily driver.

i concur though id rather have the functionality of a coupe and mod the specs beyond a z06

a friend bought a 98 coupe for 7k two months ago that needs its diff swapped. he picked up a diff on ebay and is planning on swapping on my lift next spring. talk about a cheap c5

Reactions: Fast.asleep
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.