Feb 23, 2013
Midland, Ont.
VetteCoins
Car
1979 L48 Auto
Hello All,

Kijiji strikes again. Picked up a 200-4r with TV cable,dipstick and new 2500 stall torque converter for $200 yesterday in Barrie on the way to work.

Will take the winter to get it rebuilt and stockpile the necessary parts, through Bowtie Overdrives, for the conversion.

Looking forward to 1800 rpm cruising next season.

If there's any interest, I'll document the conversion - haven't checked archives to see if a thread already exists.

B

Good price. Yes, cruising along at 2500 rpm can get a bit tiring not to mention costly. Post up your progress.

No threads detailing the install of an overdrive in a C3 that I can remember. I know Silvervette77 put a 700-R4 behind a 6.0 LQ4 (or is that an LQ9?) in their 77 but no documentation was done. If you document it, that would be AWESOME!

Nope...! I looked into that when I broke the Super T10 tranny a few years ago but decided to stay with the 4-speed.
The ZZ4 motor cruises all day @ 3500_3800 rpm and just loves it.
It also helps me keep the speed down to something almost legal.
My other rides will go way faster and still ride like a couch. Sometimes too fast!
I love the Vette the way it is. I drive it on long trips to Vette events in Western Canada. We have driven it to Vegas twice and California a few times.
With a tiny tank and about 18-20mpg you have to schedule stops every 180-200 miles then back at it.. It will do 6500+ rpm if ya need to for short bursts.
works for me. It is a fun slalom car too.
graham

nascar, thanks for the smile today. imaging that drive to vegas

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Users who are viewing this thread