Featured Thread
Very nice car! I read that the 7.0 litre engine in the C-6's had a cubic inch displacement of 427.8, however rather than round up GM wanted to designate the motor a 427, symbolic of the 427 of the past, thus it's deemed a 427 and not a 428!

I'm not going to debate automatic transmissions versus manuals because there are positive attributes for each and I'll leave it simply to personal preference, however I've always been partial to manuals. I feel your more at one with, and connected to the car with a manual. I also read that although automatics outsell manual Corvettes making up 80% of total sales, interestingly in Germany Porche experiences the opposite ratios.

Anyhow you've got a beautiful looking Vette, enjoy!

Cobra

Very nice car! I read that the 7.0 litre engine in the C-6's had a cubic inch displacement of 427.8, however rather than round up GM wanted to designate the motor a 427, symbolic of the 427 of the past, thus it's deemed a 427 and not a 428!

I'm not going to debate automatic transmissions versus manuals because there are positive attributes for each and I'll leave it simply to personal preference, however I've always been partial to manuals. I feel your more at one with, and connected to the car with a manual. I also read that although automatics outsell manual Corvettes making up 80% of total sales, interestingly in Germany Porche experiences the opposite ratios.

Anyhow you've got a beautiful looking Vette, enjoy!

Cobra
427.7 - but; .1 no big difference - splitting hairs - LOL.

427.7 - but; .1 no big difference - splitting hairs - LOL.

Hmmm...from Wikipedia.....

The Z06 arrived as a 2006 model in the third quarter of 2005 and is the lightest of all Corvette models. The Z06 was equipped with the largest-displacement small-block engineever produced, a new 7,011 cc (7.0 L; 427.8 cu in) V8 engine codenamed the LS7.

Thanks for all the nice comments guys. I’m really enjoying the car. I picked it up in Ontario and drove home to NB . Here is a quick pic I took of mine and my wife car. I will get some better pics of the cars together soon.

Attachments

• EDF174FE-3B48-4BFB-B92D-341F15F97A30.jpeg
    EDF174FE-3B48-4BFB-B92D-341F15F97A30.jpeg
    344.1 KB · Views: 40
Love the 2013 427 Convertible and especially in the white/grey stripe colors.
I first saw one this summer at the Corvette Caravan in the museum at Bowling Green.
If I could find a good one Id likely sell my 07 and buy it! :carbounce:
Yes, it is a nice car - I luv the big 427 V8 myself - won't be cheap; but, not a heck of a lot either. Post pics of her when you find her.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.