DJG

I'm New Here
Dec 2, 2018
VetteCoins
Hi Guys/Gals
Starting to look for my dream car. Either a 2017 GS or a 2015-17 Z06. Prefer silver, grey, sunrise orange, manual trans.
Thanks.

Sounds like you have your dream in mind. And of course I'm in total agreement with the DSOM colour... ;) One suggestion maybe would be to hold out for at least the 2016. If nothing else for the front curb camera and the motorized rear hatch closer. Thats all I got except welcome to the forum DJG.

• Agree
Reactions: ddgermann
Sounds like you have your dream in mind. And of course I'm in total agreement with the DSOM colour... ;) One suggestion maybe would be to hold out for at least the 2016. If nothing else for the front curb camera and the motorized rear hatch closer. Thats all I got except welcome to the forum DJG.

Thanks for the welcome and the suggestion. Looks like I need to educate myself a bit more on the changes in model years :) Cheers

what is the most you have budgeted for, then we might be able to send you in the best direction based on total price with tax.

if you buy used to do,pay tax once you get back to B.C. and on what amount. Murphy if it is used. Jeff

what is the most you have budgeted for, then we might be able to send you in the best direction based on total price with tax.

if you buy used to do,pay tax once you get back to B.C. and on what amount. Murphy if it is used. Jeff

I’m thinking between $70 and $80 K depending on the car taxes in. Wishful thinking?

not for used in some cases, just not fully loaded

we will try to help you in your search, remember you can get a wrap if the colour does not suit your mood jeff

Thanks for that. I’m pretty patient and will eventually find the right car. Nice one at Alberta dealership sunset orange but not sure on the tan interior and price is a bit high for me.

Thanks for that. I’m pretty patient and will eventually find the right car. Nice one at Alberta dealership sunset orange but not sure on the tan interior and price is a bit high for me.

I agree with Eric @Rruuff Day
Well on everything but the color. 😀
Definitely hold out for at least a 16 for those 2 important reasons. I can’t remember if Apple car play came as early as 16 or 17 but if you want it... better check.
You can likely get a 16 2LZ for that money with 10k plus kms.
There is a considerable difference in performance from the GS to the Z06 although most guys are totally happy with the naturally aspirated engine.
If you want a Z06 and plan to track it at all stay away from the 15 and 16s. The cooling systems and intercooler for the supercharger were upgraded in 17 due to overheating and limp mode issues on the track in the older models. For regular enjoyment the 15 and 16 Zs are fine. (I had a 15 and never tracked it - no problems)

Welcome and good luck in you search. There are plenty of great C7s around and soon many more. 👍

I agree with Eric @Rruuff Day
Well on everything but the color. 😀
Definitely hold out for at least a 16 for those 2 important reasons. I can’t remember if Apple car play came as early as 16 or 17 but if you want it... better check.
You can likely get a 16 2LZ for that money with 10k plus kms.
There is a considerable difference in performance from the GS to the Z06 although most guys are totally happy with the naturally aspirated engine.
If you want a Z06 and plan to track it at all stay away from the 15 and 16s. The cooling systems and intercooler for the supercharger were upgraded in 17 due to overheating and limp mode issues on the track in the older models. For regular enjoyment the 15 and 16 Zs are fine. (I had a 15 and never tracked it - no problems)

Welcome and good luck in you search. There are plenty of great C7s around and soon many more. 👍

Thanks for the welcome and for all of the info. Greatly appreciated. Color is definitely a personal choice. I’ve had black as well as white vehicles but love the richness of the silver, platinum grey as well as the Daytona orange (unique) . Presently have a F150 sunset orange as well as a silver/grey 370Z. I just never get tired of them.
Recently took a GS silver, manual for a spin south of the border. Loved it. That’s my car or the Daytona orange. Don’t plan to track it so happy with a GS. Just finding the right one I feel comfortable dropping all that coin on :) Great to be on this site and for all of the comments. Thanks

Thanks for the welcome and for all of the info. Greatly appreciated. Color is definitely a personal choice. I’ve had black as well as white vehicles but love the richness of the silver, platinum grey as well as the Daytona orange (unique) . Presently have a F150 sunset orange as well as a silver/grey 370Z. I just never get tired of them.
Recently took a GS silver, manual for a spin south of the border. Loved it. That’s my car or the Daytona orange. Don’t plan to track it so happy with a GS. Just finding the right one I feel comfortable dropping all that coin on :) Great to be on this site and for all of the comments. Thanks

Interestingly the 17 GS was delivering better track times than the Z06s as they engineered out the Z06 understeer issue with the GSs matching the 19 ZR1 cornering performance. This from the guys at Spring Mountain.

Enjoy CCF, good to have you here.

D

Welcome to our Forums.

Not that you are asking however mentioning Alberta ... and as you are likely
spending time searching, there is a fella in Edmonton that you can choose to "plant" your dream with.
Let him work for you. He is in a stand-alone family dealership and is all about Corvettes.
Although GST will come into play, you can work that into your offer price if you find one
and you will also get a warranty for your first few kms this way. Although I am
not a used car buyer, I would consider that gold when buying a used Corvette ...
Here is a link for you to check out (below) ... call him or send a message with your particulars.
You will see and judge by his specialty and experience/training on this link.
Mention "Spence from Calgary" only if you want to as I refer many good buyers
their way - it's a foot-in-the-door at your choosing and maybe just cut-to-the-chase.
The Dealership currently has a big Promo this week (Dec 10-14) and they
are always motivated to move a new and used vehicle into happy hands. Best of Fortune :thumbs:
Jim McEwen - Employee Ratings - DealerRater.com

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: ddgermann
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.