marty

Casual User
Nov 5, 2016
Grande Prairie, AB
VetteCoins
Car
1998 Z51 coupe
thought i'd show you guys what I did to my car yesterday, big change, good?... bad?... meh?

100_0449.JPG
the lights and curves were a little difficult. I warmed up the wrap here with a heat gun, holy cow does it ever stretch!

100_0451.JPG
Maybe some grandsport stripes on the driver side? should new rims be black? or black with machined face.

100_0452.JPG
it was my first try at this with the wrap material. its a lot thinner and stretches out of shape really easy.

All in all it turned out pretty good. Hundred bucks for material and a couple hours time.

Reactions: Shayne
Looking good Marty. I like it. I think the black rims are a must.The GS stripe I'm not sure of. As a stand-alone, I like the GS stripe but not sure if having it as well as your stripe would be too busy.... JMO....

Reactions: marty
Definitely different Marty..I'm not really a stripe guy but,If anything,off with this,on with the GS stripes. Didn't want to be the first to rain on the thread. Sorry. Black rims for sure though.

Last edited:
just some pinstriping I had from crappy tire. put it on thinking that if I don't like it, it can come off easy. so far I like it.
Oh ok...for me, I think just the orange stripe will look much cleaner...Also, you should go for black wheels...and paint the calipers orange (instead of red) to go with the stripe :) (if you are planning to keep the stripe for long term)...

I like it. Adds a bit of aggression to a classic clean look.
Red would be too strong of a contrast. Black stripe with black wheels would be my other choice against the grey but that looks kind of monochrome.
My cars are all black. Paint, wheels, interior. Don't have the difficult choices....
D

i'm considering making the black stripe a bit wider. like 1/2 inch instead of 1/8. maybe even 1". and black wheels with an orange stripe around the lip.

I don't want too busy looking. just want it pop a little.
I also worry that with black wheels the marker lights and brake lights will need blacking out. I end up getting a little 'rice'y.

I think the orange lip on the wheels would be "ricey"
Although I better not mouth off as I have not seen the black wheels on the new Z06 I'm taking delivery of next Friday. I think I remember reading "red striped black wheels" on the options sheet. ;)
Frankly your car looks great and now a little naughty. Adding more would take away from the class of it. JMHO.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Users who are viewing this thread