Jan 27, 2010
Komoka Ontario
VetteCoins
Car
Province
ON
Today I took my car to have Manny istall the new Corsa Xtreme exhaust and a new Vararam Snake Charmer But as life would have it on the way there must have picked up a stone in the rad and after the install Manny heard a Poof and the antifreeze came out. So there I was in Cambridge 1 1/2 hours away from home a dead car and no parts available till next week. My thanks goes out to Manny who took the time from his day to drive me all the way home. Not many people would do that !!! And I do have to say his car is SWEET, I got to ride in the Nasty 1. Highlight was a guy in a Mustang Cobra on the 401 , LOL but thats another story. Again thanks Manny.

Last edited:
Manny if this happened to me I'd tell the wife "it had to be done"....

Just today she got a virus on our main computer.... so I'm in the process of rebuilding/switching from winxp to win7.... just used the virus as an excuse to switch over... to make a long story short... i rewarded myself for the effort with a new 24" LG LED monitor... like a 5 million to 1 contract ratio... its so bright its burning my retinas.

So anyways... she asked why i bought the monitor when i came home.... i told her the old monitor was not compatible with winxp.... little white lies work pretty good every now and then.

thinking

MMMM never thought of that, rad out , maybe I could justify more, I wonder, But without headers would a cam be any help ? And well where to stop. But again is saying all this THANKS AGAIN MANNY The ride home was the highlight of my day

Cam will ALWAYS help hehe.

The problem is if you do a cam you will want a tune... and when you do headers it will require another tune.

Your best bet is to plan on doing everything at once when you go any further down the performance mod highway. Its the labour that kills yeah... Personally.... now that the mod bug has bitten you.... its only a matter of time before you want to do the cam.... I HIGHLY recommend you budget for longtubes, cam, heads, springs, tune and install all at once.... you will save yourself a fortune on labour... tell the wife its to improve fuel economy?!

I hate buying longtubes and heads as I don't think they provide the bang per $ as cai/exhaust... but as they become the power bottleneck in the system it really wakes up the car.

My last project was a 300c and I did the heads/headers/cam/tune/cai/catback all at once.... The last thing I did was the highflow cats.... I swear those things added 30+ rwhp by the butt dyno... just because it was just a huge bottleneck. Anyways I'm rambling. Quitting smoking not going so well today... eek.

Well no more leak thanks to Manny but still have the new sound and it is sweet to say the least. Again Thanks Manny for all your help. I will be back

Thats great Larry, I'm sure the ride home was a fun one . Your C6 sounds awesome with the Corsa Extremes .

Thanks again for coming to E.C.P
[email protected]

Cam will ALWAYS help hehe.

The problem is if you do a cam you will want a tune... and when you do headers it will require another tune.

Your best bet is to plan on doing everything at once when you go any further down the performance mod highway. Its the labour that kills yeah... Personally.... now that the mod bug has bitten you.... its only a matter of time before you want to do the cam.... I HIGHLY recommend you budget for longtubes, cam, heads, springs, tune and install all at once.... you will save yourself a fortune on labour... tell the wife its to improve fuel economy?!

I hate buying longtubes and heads as I don't think they provide the bang per $ as cai/exhaust... but as they become the power bottleneck in the system it really wakes up the car.

My last project was a 300c and I did the heads/headers/cam/tune/cai/catback all at once.... The last thing I did was the highflow cats.... I swear those things added 30+ rwhp by the butt dyno... just because it was just a huge bottleneck. Anyways I'm rambling. Quitting smoking not going so well today... eek.

Headers can be installed for free over a weekend with a few friends as long as you can get at least 24 inches of under car clearance.

Heads and cam labour install should run about $12-1400 at most. You don't need a tune for your headers right away, only if you plan to do your h/c within a few weeks. That's from my experience. Your's may differ.

Headers can be installed for free over a weekend with a few friends as long as you can get at least 24 inches of under car clearance.

Heads and cam labour install should run about $12-1400 at most. You don't need a tune for your headers right away, only if you plan to do your h/c within a few weeks. That's from my experience. Your's may differ.[/QwhaUOTE]

Thats not exactlly right , after installing headers your vette will run very rich and could damage the cats as well as the o2's if not tuned properly.

Thanks
[email protected]

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.