Thanks Riley. I did a lot of research on this, but when I heard the zip tie method was the most popular, I was a bit skeptical to say the least, but it seems to work and alot of people are suggesting it.
I really don't want to pay the shop to anything I can tackle myself.
Thanks again.

Not a problem. I wish I would have taken photos or something to give more details. The one thing I found was that I needed new zip ties for each corner as once they were used, they couldn’t hold well enough a second time to keep the shock compressed.

• Informative
Reactions: Rruuff Day
Goooooooood Day! Thanks for the bell ring Ruff!
The shocks have been holding up just fine on our roads. I noticed more body control. A little more settled on sweeping turns. My car is lowered and it has much better rebound control and doesn’t bottom out as often. They are more stiff than my old shocks (with 140 km on them) but not harsh at all.
I would HUGELY recommend them. It was a very good upgrade for not a ton of money. I bought original AC Delco shocks
These are the part numbers I used, but couldn’t find the rear ones??? Although there are other FE4 shocks.
10313647 – Z06 Front Shocks
25819268 – Z06 Rear Shocks

Reactions: Black 03 Z06
I finally pulled the trigger and ordered some Bilstein HD shocks. If anyone is looking for shocks, “Essex Dist” out of BC has them on sale, with free shipping. Anyways to my question - I have the magnetic shocks now, so I need to do something with the wiring that goes to the shocks, to trick the computer. I know there are some simulators that you can buy, but I also heard you can make your own with resistors. Has anyone made there own, or had there computers flashed so the computer still thinks you are running the magnetic shocks?
Any input/info, would be greatly appreciated .
iOS Image - 1031863849.jpg

I finally pulled the trigger and ordered some Bilstein HD shocks. If anyone is looking for shocks, “Essex Dist” out of BC has them on sale, with free shipping. Anyways to my question - I have the magnetic shocks now, so I need to do something with the wiring that goes to the shocks, to trick the computer. I know there are some simulators that you can buy, but I also heard you can make your own with resistors. Has anyone made there own, or had there computers flashed so the computer still thinks you are running the magnetic shocks?
Any input/info, would be greatly appreciated .

Here's what I found on this. Credit to CF member 2003vet.

"You cannot just take out the MRC shocks and install conventional shocks without causing an error message to appear that your speed is limited tp 80mph. There are electrical connections at the top of each shock that are connected to a controller and that in turn is connected to the main computer. You have to go through a very specific procedure with the aid of a TECH II tool to delete the F55 option. Here are the specifics from a post I copied a couple of years back:

1. Hook up your Tech 2 (Driver's footwell), turn the car ON, make sure the module in the left rear storage compartment (pull back the velcro lining on the front of the compartment) is plugged in. DO NOT UNPLUG THIS MODULE

2. Now use the Tech 2 to delete the F45 option ( F55 option does not appear on the Tech 2 menu screen - SO - DELETE THE F45 OPTION
(use the screen captures - steps 2-14)

3. Save the new configuration

4. DO NOT TURN THE CAR OFF DO NOT REMOVE THE TECH 2 Go to the module in the rear of the car, unplug the GRAY connector - IT IS THE WIDEST ONE - leave the other 1 (F/45) or 2 (F/55) plugged in.

5. Turn off the car but LEAVE THE TECH 2 PLUGGED IN

6. Remove remaining plugs from module in the rear of the car - Never plug them back in again, if you do the F/45 turns on automatically.

7. Now the moment of TRUTH - Turn the car on and verify that the dreaded - MAX SPEED 80 MPH - is gone. This message was only present if you had already disconnected the shock sensors. Some people have had to disconnect their battery to allow the computer to reset to remove this message, but I would confirm with the Tech II that the F/45 was actually deleted first and if not reconnect everything and start again with step 1.

8. Unplug the Tech 2 - Get in the car and take it for a ride. Smile as you pass the DREADED 80 MPH.

With these instructions in their hands even the most inexperienced tech can do this. It took mine 5 minutes and they charged me $25. I would have spent much more time and effort getting and installing resistors.

If you haven't already changed your shocks drive home carefully as the shocks become very soft, not dangerous but as GM advises keep it under 80MPH."

You MUST follow the above instructions EXACTLY to delete the F55 RPO.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.