Nov 3, 2012
buckhorn ontario
VetteCoins
Car
only four more weeks till the daytona 500. april 7th will be a good day for me too. not only will the boys be beatin' and bangin' at martinsville but also, weather permitting my car is coming home to papa. :D

time to reach up and pull those belts tight one more time.

boogity - boogity - boogity - let's go racin' boys !!!

only four more weeks till the daytona 500. april 7th will be a good day for me too. not only will the boys be beatin' and bangin' at martinsville but also, weather permitting my car is coming home to papa. :D

time to reach up and pull those belts tight one more time.

boogity - boogity - boogity - let's go racin' boys !!!
Ah geesh ,it's bad enough that your a Jeff Gordon fan but Darrell Waltrip tossed on top :D

ah yes , two of the all time greats. one in the hall of fame and the other a future inductee. just count the number of championships and wins between the two - impressive careers. i don't think bowyer is going to be riding jeff like he did last year. :rofl: my buddy was at homestead last november and said the crowd just went mental when gordon got the win. i had to ride him about that because he's not a fan of the 24 either. :rofl: are you going to be heading to volusia steve ?

I'm sure glad to see we have some Oval Track Stock Car fans here ... I spend almost every summer weekend at one local track or another ..
I have a friend who runs a Super Late Model , I help him out whenever I can .

These cars sure have come a long way from the " ole days " .... 650 HP rockets , talk about bumpin' and bangin' , these guys really get at it on the 3/8 & 1/2 mile tracks !

And IMO as far as Nascar goes, Jeff Gordon is probably one of the best drivers to ever sit behind a wheel ! :D

Here's a pic of Jeff Hanely , the son of Canadian Stock car racing Legend Junior Hanley .

IMG_7155_zps76902a2e.jpg

a long way from the old days indeed jim. we had a local track here - bell city speedway - it closed down in 71. they still ran a flathead class. good time saturday night short track, fill up your pop can with rye and have a hoot. you can still see a faint outline of the old track near selwyn on google earth. :D

I'm about a ten minute drive from the old Cayuga Speedway; but it was sold a few years back and nothing goes on there anymore...maybe in the future it will again, but for now nothing. I do remember watching Junior Hanley run this track way back in the day.

Today I am more of a dirt track guy.... Lots of "rubbing" going on with these guys. In the opposite direction to the Cayuga track is Ohsweken Speedway.Another 15 minute drive for me This is a great place to watch on a friday night. More fun for me as my son has been running in the Thunder Stocks. Here he is :
48mikegraham.jpg

They also run sprints there and if you have never seen them go you owe it to yourself to check them out. can you say fast .......
Ohsweken Speedway:

ah yes , two of the all time greats. one in the hall of fame and the other a future inductee. just count the number of championships and wins between the two - impressive careers. i don't think bowyer is going to be riding jeff like he did last year. :rofl: my buddy was at homestead last november and said the crowd just went mental when gordon got the win. i had to ride him about that because he's not a fan of the 24 either. :rofl: are you going to be heading to volusia steve ?
Won't see any racing here ,my wife has discovered I'm missing so I'll take the 1500 mile trip home starting the Feb 8th First time I've missed the Shootout in years (live)but me and my dog will watch it on TV .

Well all I can say is Bowyer may let up on Jeff but Jeff wants to make sure he keeps his helmet on if he crosses Danica up .Had my Danica shirt on one day at the NCRS meet and ten people came up and asked where I got it .I'd follow her if she was ugly as a freight train ,I like her spunk .

I'm lucky enough to be 20 minutes from Sauble Speedway. Still some good racing going on there. BTW Doug, April 7th is my birthday; good choice in days there. :D
[mob][/mob]

Won't see any racing here ,my wife has discovered I'm missing so I'll take the 1500 mile trip home starting the Feb 8th First time I've missed the Shootout in years (live)but me and my dog will watch it on TV .

Well all I can say is Bowyer may let up on Jeff but Jeff wants to make sure he keeps his helmet on if he crosses Danica up .Had my Danica shirt on one day at the NCRS meet and ten people came up and asked where I got it .I'd follow her if she was ugly as a freight train ,I like her spunk .

she is a feisty little gal steve. my buddy got to meet her at homestead and was duly impressed. maybe in the off season her boss taught her the 2 handed helmet toss. i understand that " smoke " is lobbying to have it as an olympic event !!! :rofl:

she is a feisty little gal steve. my buddy got to meet her at homestead and was duly impressed. maybe in the off season her boss taught her the 2 handed helmet toss. i understand that " smoke " is lobbying to have it as an olympic event !!! :rofl:
I've followed both Danica and Tony from the beginning and Tony has matured greatly and has done well .Danica has passion and wants to be good ,she craves for knowledge and she is utilizing some good mentors .

Honestly I would not have been disappointed if Jeff or Jr had won the championship ,it would have been good for the sport and fan base .The seats aren't filled like they use to be ten years ago .

I also would like to see a Sprint race somewhere in Canada as much as you folks would .

she is steadily improving and learning from mistakes, very important in making a switch like she has especially amid all the hype. drivers that don't grasp that set themselves up for a big fall - look at montoya. another driver with a good attitude that is showing big improvement is ambrose. in this country steve unfortunately racing seems to be the same as the music business. the only way to get anywhere is to leave canada.

I'm lucky enough to be 20 minutes from Sauble Speedway. Still some good racing going on there. BTW Doug, April 7th is my birthday; good choice in days there. :D
[mob][/mob]

I usually go to Sauble Speedway at least once every season . It's always a nice drive up there, but doing this year in the Vette will be awesome ! :D

Maybe see you there ..

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for at least 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.