Apr 24, 2011
Comox Vancouver Island B.C.
VetteCoins
Car
2006 C-6
Howdy folks. My name is Rob and I'm also from Vancouver Island. Picked up this car about a month ago and having a great time with it.
2006Corvette002.jpg

Came from the factory with the Z06 wheels installed and red interior.
2006Corvette008.jpg

I've already mastered the wave and I'm sure enjoying the car.
Rob

Nice Car! That is my favorite colour combination on a Corvette. The fact that my dad had a 65 convertible when I was a kid that was white with a red interior may have something to do with it.:D

No. He sold it when I was 9 and bought a minivan. Wah, wah. I guess that is what happens when you have kids. I was already planning on taking the Corvette to my high school graduation. Since the Corvette went, my uncle lent me his 70 lime green 340 Plymouth Cuda.:D

I love the white with a red interior. Maybe someday I can afford a Ron Fellows Z06. Until then I have to drool at Rob's beautiful C6.

Thanks for the comments about the red interior, it was one of the reasons that lead me to buy it. Getting in this car has been a big upgrade for me, about 76 years worth. The Model A was a fun car, but not good for long distance cruising at 45 mph. 40hp to 400hp is really impressive!!!! :D
1930-2006009.jpg

Rob

Thanks c. You bet white and red are a good combo. There's one thing though, it's a hard one to keep clean, I hear ya about your aching back. The brake dust is the worst along with bug splatter on the nose. Still, it's the most fun that I've ever had with any car I've owned.
Rob

Thanks FP. and VV. Today was another beautiful one on the island. Took the car down to Tee pee park at 19Wing Comox to shoot some pictures across Georgia Strait. Powell River is in the background in the first shot and it's 17 miles of open water behind the car.
TeepeePark003.jpg

Second shot has Mount Washington ski Resort and the main runway of 19 wing in the background.
TeepeePark005.jpg

I sure have had a lot of nice comments since I used Manny's advice to paint the hood liner.
Rob

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Users who are viewing this thread