FarrellyT

Casual User
Oct 6, 2018
Connecticut
VetteCoins
Car
1979 Corvette
Hey I’m 17 just bought a 1979 corvette which is really exciting, I’m glad there’s somewhere I can go to ask questions to people who know what their doing because sometimes the old diagrams from my books miss important parts. Just got electrical system fixed, got the car running after 15-20 years of sitting but currently need help with dropping the fuel tank, is there anywhere the tank connects other than the lines on the sides?

Hi FarrellyT. Welcome to the forum and congrats for the new toy, there are many members whit great knowledge about the C3, I am sure someone will get on this tread and help you with the issue about the fuel tank and will also tell you how to post pictures. I never remove a fuel tank on these car, there must be at least 2 lines, maybe 1 vent tube, the filler tube and 1 connector for the fuel gage. What region are you from?

Welcome Farrelly.
Wow a corvette was a dream of mine at 17. Good for you getting it now before life gets a bit complicated and these dreams have to wait a couple decades. 😂
Yes you will find quite a few fellows on here that have detailed information and instructions on your 79. They have had these cars torn down to individual components and rebuilt again so they know every clip and trick.
Welcome to CCF and I look forward to seeing the pics of the car and the progress.

Derek

Reactions: Jeremiad
Hi FarrellyT. Welcome to the forum and congrats for the new toy, there are many members whit great knowledge about the C3, I am sure someone will get on this tread and help you with the issue about the fuel tank and will also tell you how to post pictures. I never remove a fuel tank on these car, there must be at least 2 lines, maybe 1 vent tube, the filler tube and 1 connector for the fuel gage. What region are you from?

Thanks for the info! I’m from Connecticut

Reactions: ddgermann
Welcome Farrelly.
Wow a corvette was a dream of mine at 17. Good for you getting it now before life gets a bit complicated and these dreams have to wait a couple decades. 😂
Yes you will find quite a few fellows on here that have detailed information and instructions on your 79. They have had these cars torn down to individual components and rebuilt again so they know every clip and trick.
Welcome to CCF and I look forward to seeing the pics of the car and the progress.

Derek

Looking forward to getting this car operational before I head off to school and life gets in the way haha good project until then though I’ll be sure to post pictures when I figure it out

IMG_1705.JPGIMG_1826.JPGIMG_1827.JPGIMG_2126.JPGIMG_2130.JPG

Exhaust is all rusted and has holes so I’m going to end up replacing it anyway, drained and replaced the fuel I’ll probably drop the tank when I’m ready to replace the whole exhaust line until then it’s idling really high so I’m going to have to get the engine timing down, but hey progress is progress this car hasn’t run for 15 years

Nice work FT! Great start to the hobby! The car looks really good. Timing is a good start. I'm not sure of the exact carb on your car, but have you adjusted the idle mixture screws, or the choke to see if that is the cause of the high idle?

Welcome to the forum Farrelly. You might want to post on the C3 section of the forum here as well. Post your C3 questions there and you will likely get lots of response. This is a very friendly forum and there's a bunch of knowledgable guys and girls here.
C3 Forum

• Agree
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.