Sep 19, 2017
Ayr Ontario
VetteCoins
Car
2010 Coupe M6 Blade
E8C57B34-DAA6-4FF5-B19E-241BD5AA0A78.jpeg
Now that I received excellent feed back on the Manual versus auto question at the risk of being kicked out for posting too much, I would like to hear your opinions on the following. I bought a 2010 C6 1LT. I love the car and it is in as new condition but I have a desire to have something a bit different from others.

So I have two maybe three options. 1) trade it in on a 2012-13 GS , I like the wide body kit. Z06 performance is not that important to me. I would consider supercharging it in the future. 2) wait for the used C7 market to establish, I would like to keep my investment around 50K.

The third and most interesting to me (today) is to modify my existing C6 and keep it. Mods could include upgrading to Z51 suspension and brakes, A&A first level supercharger install with minimum engine changes. The normal non-wide body look is elegant to me and their would be no need to change it except for a a full width spoiler and a black wrap on the roof panel.

I know this third option would not be the best for resale. The extra money invested would likely disappear.

So that’s it....what do you think?

Cheers

Kevin

Reactions: Black 03 Z06
I think that's a pretty common struggle. For me, I couldn't do #3, even if it resulted in getting exactly what I want, because you said it - that money is gone. When I sold my C6 Z51 last summer, I looked at replacing it with a C6 GS, or a C7 - a lot like you. C7 to me was a better value than the C6 GS. However I think they will depreciate in tandem.

Who the heck are those hoodlums leaning on your car Kevin?:Biggrin:

I like the look of the wide body cars as well. I have seen some C7 GS cars that I really like. Option 3 I am not sure you would recoup your expenses but it is your car to modify as you please.

I think I would be inclined to just enjoy the Corvette you have, it is a good looking car. Just keep an eye on the market, you never know what might pop up.

Not much help I know but you will figure it out.:thumbs:

Reactions: KevinB
Well Kevin having 3 Z06 Corvettes in 18 months I am the poster boy for pissing away money upgrading. That being said; If you go C6, yes the GS is a great choice as the Z06s are all fixed roof. (That was the main reason I traded my 13 Z06) You can find them in any color with low KMs dressed up with aero for decent $. A great car to supercharge.
However the C7 is really a more pleasant car to drive as the comfort level and everything in the cockpit is well upgraded. The C6 Z06 feels just as good on the steering wheel and for me had a slightly different feel to it then the C7 Z06. Different but both good.

So I vote for options 1 & 2. Both good choices but the C7 has a much nicer interior. Option 3 sounds, as you said, money you will not likely recover as those are expensive mods.

No risk of getting kicked off when you are taking Corvette. And some interesting subjects too. :thumbs:

Derek

E0393072-2EAB-4F56-9000-211768A6AD65.jpeg

I like the look of the wide body cars as well. I have seen some C7 GS cars that I really like. Option 3 I am not sure you would recoup your expenses but it is your car to modify as you please.

I think I would be inclined to just enjoy the Corvette you have, it is a good looking car. Just keep an eye on the market, you never know what might pop up.

Keeping her un-modified but for some cosmetic add ons would be option 4 and the most sensible until I get some more Corvette miles under my belt. It is just so easy to get excited about these beatiful cars!

The struggle is real! I want to add a little hp to my little C5, but realize that the value may actually decrease, so whatever is spent on the car will be paid by the smile on my face and not by the next owner. As for your C6, it is actually a bit of a rare car as when the GS came out, not too many "narrow cars" were produced. I realize there were a lot of narrow bodies made, but not too many after Corvette switched from the LS2 to the LS3. Just an interesting thought to think about.

The struggle is real! I want to add a little hp to my little C5, but realize that the value may actually decrease, so whatever is spent on the car will be paid by the smile on my face and not by the next owner. As for your C6, it is actually a bit of a rare car as when the GS came out, not too many "narrow cars" were produced. I realize there were a lot of narrow bodies made, but not too many after Corvette switched from the LS2 to the LS3. Just an interesting thought to think about.

Interesting....I love my narrow body in all its glory and will keep stock, engine wise...a few reversible mods may be done to personalize it may be done to the exterior.

View attachment 14187 Now that I received excellent feed back on the Manual versus auto question at the risk of being kicked out for posting too much, I would like to hear your opinions on the following. I bought a 2010 C6 1LT. I love the car and it is in as new condition but I have a desire to have something a bit different from others.

So I have two maybe three options. 1) trade it in on a 2012-13 GS , I like the wide body kit. Z06 performance is not that important to me. I would consider supercharging it in the future. 2) wait for the used C7 market to establish, I would like to keep my investment around 50K.

The third and most interesting to me (today) is to modify my existing C6 and keep it. Mods could include upgrading to Z51 suspension and brakes, A&A first level supercharger install with minimum engine changes. The normal non-wide body look is elegant to me and their would be no need to change it except for a a full width spoiler and a black wrap on the roof panel.

I know this third option would not be the best for resale. The extra money invested would likely disappear.

So that’s it....what do you think?

Cheers

Kevin
A C7 GS would be my vote because, in my opinion, from pure looks and handling perspective, it is the best C7 to own. At my age, the HP is more than I need - plenty - and the interior is great. Keep you eyes open for one - there were super deals here in Vancouver at year-end getting rid of 2017 inventory. Freelton Ont. where is that and are you close to a major metro area? I am from London, Ont. - been here in BC for 35+ years. Good luck with your decision.

A C7 GS would be my vote because, in my opinion, from pure looks and handling perspective, it is the best C7 to own. At my age, the HP is more than I need - plenty - and the interior is great. Keep you eyes open for one - there were super deals here in Vancouver at year-end getting rid of 2017 inventory. Freelton Ont. where is that and are you close to a major metro area? I am from London, Ont. - been here in BC for 35+ years. Good luck with your decision.

I agree with the car choice....I could go with a late c6....I like the look of the C6 over the C7,but you never know.
Freelton is off Hwy Six south of the 401 between Guelph and Hamilton.

Reactions: JCWP
I agree with the car choice....I could go with a late c6....I like the look of the C6 over the C7,but you never know.
Freelton is off Hwy Six south of the 401 between Guelph and Hamilton.
Well, I certainly know where Hamilton and Guelph are because I worked in both places when I was a Sales Rep and auditor for Petrofina. A nice part of the country. The C6 is a great car as well. I've owned a 79, 96 (vert), 2003 (vert) and my recent car a C& Stingray (vert) which I love. Well, as a matter of fact, I enjoyed them all as they were mine at different times in my life. I guess it will be a while before you are out on the road again eh?

Well, I certainly know where Hamilton and Guelph are because I worked in both places when I was a Sales Rep and auditor for Petrofina. A nice part of the country. The C6 is a great car as well. I've owned a 79, 96 (vert), 2003 (vert) and my recent car a C& Stingray (vert) which I love. Well, as a matter of fact, I enjoyed them all as they were mine at different times in my life. I guess it will be a while before you are out on the road again eh?

Hoping for mid March....but might be a month early.

Reactions: ddgermann
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.