Casual User
Mar 1, 2015
SW Ontario
VetteCoins
Car
2009 C6 Z06
Province
ON
Hi everyone, have been a member for a year but don't think I introduced myself...ironically I'm trying to get my post count up so I can put my C7 up for sale :). Love the car but now eyeing either a Z06 or Viper (more likely, don't hate me).

Mike

Reactions: LSXtasy
Mike, welcome to the forum. Good luck with your sale and decision on what to buy next. My buddy has a Viper and it is a beast. I do like my Z06 better, it is just a lot more comfortable. Personal decisions I guess.

Hi everyone, have been a member for a year but don't think I introduced myself...ironically I'm trying to get my post count up so I can put my C7 up for sale :). Love the car but now eyeing either a Z06 or Viper (more likely, don't hate me).

Mike

No hate here my friend. I was very close to selling my Z06 for a Viper two years ago and even closer last year! I even posted my Vette on Kijiji!! I completely understand what you're going through. No one can really tell you what to do, this is something that you will have to figure out on your own ultimately. Research and test drives will give you the best idea of whether or not it's worth it to you or not.
I still look even to this day, but my Vette even though less exotic than a Viper still makes me smile and is a ton of fun. It's dated for sure, but it's modded the way I like. One of the big factors for me is parts supply, cost and availability. With Vettes because they sell so many parts OEM or aftermarket are readily available and not always outrageously priced either. Parts for Vipers on the other hand are/can be harder to find.
I do really appreciate the Viper's brutality. It's raw and in your face with no traction nannies to impose. It's a purist car which could potentially wear thin after awhile.
I really do love how exclusive owning a Viper would be. Vettes are very common whereas a Viper is hard to come by. At the Woodward Dream Cruise last year there wear Vettes of all flavors and only a handful of Vipers, so they stood out more. But there's the problem. Rare equates to expensive when it comes down to parts. It's a tough call.

Keep us up to date with your progress. Let us know how your test drives go and what you like and don't like about each vehicle compared to your own. And finally even if you buy a Viper don't be a stranger, we're all car guys here so we can appreciate not only your journey but your destination. :Cheers2:

Reactions: Black 03 Z06
Good post Justin. My friends Viper is an old one, lift off hard top with snap in windows (1993?). Once you are in the car you are in. His wife will go out in it but only short distances. It is raw and powerful, more like a go cart that handles incredibly well.

Also have to agree with everything Justin said. Whether you get a Viper or not, come back to visit. The ONLY negative thing I'll say about the Viper, and it's totally a matter of opinion, is that I just can't get past the sound of a V10, other than that, I would take one in a heartbeat.

Thanks guys for the comments...Justin said it well, "we're all car guys"

@Taylor, ran your suggestion by the wife, she didn't see it that way :-(

Had a ton of interest this week but all of it seems to be tire kicking (i.e. everyone asks lots of questions but that's it)...strange process. I think I've got it priced fairly - in no hurry to sell as I really do love the car and there will always be Vipers for sale.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.