Power User
Apr 23, 2012
Alberta
VetteCoins
Car
The spring mods are coming!:D

Now finding the cash to get the following items installed is next on the list:

1. Braided brake lines
2. Fancy new chrome exhaust plate (the perfect accent to the Corsas)
3. 4 new shiny rotors--slotted and cross-drilled to make the brakes look more agressive.
4. Brake pads (all four corners again)--getting the Hawks--I believe Red Series, but possibly yellow.

Thanks for hooking me up Mr. Manny DaSilva. Can't wait to see these mods on the 'Vette. I just need to get the painted calipers and everything will come together on my look.

A POLL FOR MY ESTEEMED CCF BRETHERN:

Should I go with red, yellow, or another color altogether with the calipers?

The car is a black C6 coupe. There are "Jake" logo carpets in red, and aftermarket rims--so a lot of the caliper will show. To me red almost seems overdone, but still looks great.

Yellow won't match the carptes, but I can switch them out easily enough.:D

There's other colours available too--blue, orange, black, also came to mind. Would love to hear what any of you who have read this far might think........:coolgleam:

BTW

Last edited:
Here's a couple pics that kind of catch the rims a little.

And probably the best example where you can picture painted calipers and new rotors.....

I've never thought of orange really being high on the list but I do likethe idea! Interesting choice for sure--ever seen it on another C6?

Even if it is overdone, I actually still haven't seen many Corvettes around here with red calipers. I think read would look great or blue like the ZR1.... but red would look darn sweet!

As for rotors, what are you looking at? I keep looking at the Z51 rotors as it is a cheap modification that looks and performs great but need to upgrade the wheels first.

Even if it is overdone, I actually still haven't seen many Corvettes around here with red calipers. I think read would look great or blue like the ZR1.... but red would look darn sweet!

As for rotors, what are you looking at? I keep looking at the Z51 rotors as it is a cheap modification that looks and performs great but need to upgrade the wheels first.

I left the rotor decision with Manny, knowing he won't steer me wrong. Manny, if you're listening, what's Coming my way for rotors?

As for calipers, orange does seen strangely appealing. Yellow almost pops out too much on a black car IMO. Blue seems too ZR1ish--and would look better with black rims.

Red is awesome and orange is edgy. I like them both! Orange with black letters, or red with white or black letters......hmmmmmmmmmmm.

Thanks for the input all. It's narrowed down to two candidates.

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.