Dec 15, 2012
Toronto
VetteCoins
Car
2005 C6 LS2
New member with C6, Richmond Hill.

Hello from Richmond Hill, Ont.
My name is David and I'm now a proud owner of the 2005 C6...and I have to say that while researching this model vette this forum was a great point of reference for all sorts of general info, but the best part is the reality of this being a Canadian member forum...this really helped with concerns for storage and our general climate. :canada:
So... a big thanks to you all for your help as I creeped through this forum trying to understand just what I was getting myself into with this car purchase. :coolgleam:

I held out for the 2005, black on black, automatic with low KM's...and when I finally found one I jumped on it! :D
I got it about 2 weeks ago and have enjoyed the heck out of it since, but sadly it's now getting prepped for storage...darn Canadian winters.

I've got some questions, and I'll post them in the C6 section...but for now a huge thanks for all your help thus far.

Go Canada!

David

Last edited:
Welcome to CCF David. Congrats on the C6 purchase. You'll find Manny (Nasty98) to be a wealth of information for you. I've visited his shop and it's a first class operation. :D

Welcome, David.

You know that feeling you have right now? Get used to it. If you're anything like me, it NEVER goes away. 45 years and counting. :seeya:

Congratulations on joining in the fun.

:canada:

Hi David, congrats on the new car, like you I got my '04 just before I put it away for the winter, lets hope for an early spring.

You'll get a lot of great information out of this site, the people here are also top notch, also looking forward to photos.

Last edited:
Hi David. Welcome from the West coast. I've had the pleasure of meeting most of the folks here and I can personally say they're a great bunch. If you have questions, ask away I'm sure someone will be able to answer. Looking forward to the pictures of your car
Rob

Welcome David from one new guy to another ..

You have good taste , A black on black C6 . I just bought mine last week and don't even have it home yet, so you're one step ahead of me .
Mine needs new tires before it can be safety'd , so hopefully some time this week .
I'll get to drive it home and store it till spring .:(

I'm glad I'm not the only one with questions ... I've got a thousand of 'em , so hopefully you'll ask some of the ones I have and take some of the pressure off me ..
I'm afraid I'll get banned for being a pain in the butt ! :eek:

Great bunch of people here. I feel at home already .
Jim Georgetown.

Hello from Richmond Hill, Ont.
My name is David and I'm now a proud owner of the 2005 C6...and I have to say that while researching this model vette this forum was a great point of reference for all sorts of general info, but the best part is the reality of this being a Canadian member forum...this really helped with concerns for storage and our general climate. :canada:
So... a big thanks to you all for your help as I creeped through this forum trying to understand just what I was getting myself into with this car purchase. :coolgleam:

I held out for the 2005, black on black, automatic with low KM's...and when I finally found one I jumped on it! :D
I got it about 2 weeks ago and have enjoyed the heck out of it since, but sadly it's now getting prepped for storage...darn Canadian winters.

I've got some questions, and I'll post them in the C6 section...but for now a huge thanks for all your help thus far.

Go Canada!

David

Hi David,
What part of the "Hill". We live not far from Mill Pond.

Pierre

Welcome David from one new guy to another ..

You have good taste , A black on black C6 . I just bought mine last week and don't even have it home yet, so you're one step ahead of me .
Mine needs new tires before it can be safety'd , so hopefully some time this week .
I'll get to drive it home and store it till spring .:(

I'm glad I'm not the only one with questions ... I've got a thousand of 'em , so hopefully you'll ask some of the ones I have and take some of the pressure off me ..

Jim Georgetown.

Awesome! Yes, I too had to wait a week for the Vette to be good to go. Between the dealer wetsanding the body, and replacing the sprag gear...the car took a little over a week to prep....and now she's hibernating for the winter. :swear:
I'm sure we'll have many similar questions..but as I'm seeing it, this place is full of passionate and helpful vette owners ready to help out guys like us....so, the more questions and posts the better I think. :seeya:

Hey Pierre,
Dude you're just down the street from me. Basically I'm at Bathurst and King.:coolgleam:

David

Welcome aboard and enjoy that new toy :)....Trust me you will.

Any questions you have just ask away, everyone is here to help any time :). The guys on here are great and are passionate as you mentioned

Jim Georgetown.

Thousands of questions?.....that is banned talk alright.:D

J/K. Ask away and have fun!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.