jbiggie

I'm New Here
Mar 12, 2010
Edmonton
VetteCoins
Car
C6
I've been "looking" for a Vette for about a year and a half now, but the time to buy is coming this summer. I'm going for a C6 for sure, somewhere from an 05-08 but need advice on what year to buy. I'm most likely going to be buying from the U.S. and I know that in '07 they started offering a 100k mile warranty and I know that in '08 they started putting the LS3 into the Vettes but I'm wondering if anybody can list some more differences between the 05-06-07-08. When did features such as Dynamic stability control, HUD, push button start, paddle shifter etc. become available?

Vette Purchase

I purchased a 2006 Vette last year from the US. Big savings if you look hard.
My 2006 has push button start, not sure if they started in 2005.
Hope you find your dream car, check out the report on the car, and have the car put up on a hoist to check out the under side.

Good Luck!:canada:

What were the import fees for bringing it back other than having to pay the gst at the border? Did you change the guage cluster, or did it km's on it when you bought it?

the cluster if you keep the car i don't see why and i'm not sure if u can't change it with a switch already in it. the only thing you'll have to install it's day lights. the fees to cross is the taxes and if your willing to go at the border and do it by yourself u can save maybe 200.00-500.00$ in broker expenses and you always have somebody to help u at the border. the only thing you'll have to check is how long the titles will have to stay at U.S. export.

hope this help

On top of the taxes, there is also a $300 RIV fee, $100 A/C tax, plus federal and provincial inspections to budget for. Don't forget to get a bill of sale, the title, recall clearance letter and other paperwork faxed to the border at least 72 hours before you plan to bring the car across.

Look at these websites to make sure you have everything before you go down. They are what I used to look up the information.

Importation of U.S. Vehicles by Canadians: Government of Canada Announces Amendment to Clarify and Ease Importation - News Releases - Transport Canada
Registrar of Imported Vehicles - Importing a Vehicle
Registrar of Imported Vehicles - Recall Clearance
Contact Us
BSF 5048 Importing a Vehicle Into Canada

There is a button on the dash that switches the speedo from miles to km.

As for the differences between each of the years of the C6, I hope one of our C6 brothers can help you out with that.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.