Leg1

Wish me a Happy Birthday
May 26, 2017
Goderich,Ont
VetteCoins
Car
Corvette 1989
Looking for leads to locate the 'unique tool' required to help with re-assembly on my 1989 6-speed. Lots of potential helpers [mechanics] but once they hear it is a 1989 Corvette 6-speed they all shy away because they don't have access to or know the whereabouts of the 'special piece of equipment' required when it comes to re-assembling my transmission. Getting frustrated and missing out on my car shows. I've already missed taking part in 2 shows within my area. HELP !!!!!!!!

Sorry ... no advice without pictures of that Corvette first !!! .... just kidding ;)
but I am sorry that I cannot be of direct help to you ... indirectly however ...

I am assuming that you have asked Dasilva Motorsports in the Vedor Section (below)
Also I know that there is Davenport Racing here in Calgary that you could Google and get a phone number.
Can't see it hurting to ask. Hopefully it doesn't turn out to be that there is no needle in that haystack ...

A big Welcome to the Forum and I hope you can find quick resolve (photo of that Corvette pleeeeeeez)

Try Champion Motors. I see your location is Ontario. You could also try Wade at Halton Transmission on Speers Road in Oakville. Life long tranny guy who has built quite a lot of performance transmission for friends. I’m thinking you have just been trying local shops near Godrrich thus far? You will need to try shops in larger urban areas. They don’t see enough of that type of car out that way to warrant tools and manuals for cars they never see.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Users who are viewing this thread