ScottW

I'm New Here
Dec 27, 2017
Ballinafad Ontario
VetteCoins
Car
Corvette 1981 coupe
Hello all, I live outside of Georgetown Ontario, I own a 1981 corvette, which I have owned since 1998. I do all of the work on the vette myself. I have pulled the motor once to replace gaskets and seals, I have replace the carpet, inside door panels, seat belts. I am in the process of replacing the leather seats, they were ripped when I got the car. I plan on early retirement in the very near future, and then plan on doing a body off restoration.

Hello all, I live outside of Georgetown Ontario, I own a 1981 corvette, which I have owned since 1998. I do all of the work on the vette myself. I have pulled the motor once to replace gaskets and seals, I have replace the carpet, inside door panels, seat belts. I am in the process of replacing the leather seats, they were ripped when I got the car. I plan on early retirement in the very near future, and then plan on doing a body off restoration.

Welcome to the forum Scott.Sounds like you have it all together. Congrats on the upcoming retirement. I took the step 8 months ago and love it... Definitely post some pictures of your car and your build as you go along....

Welcome Scott. Enjoy your time on here. Lots of characters and interesting subjects flying around.
Congratulations on your upcoming retirement.
And yes... some photos of your Corvette please.
D

Reactions: Riley P
Welcome to the forum!
However, if I may make a suggestion is to complete the body off restoration before you retire so on your last day, you can jump in the car and go!
Then again, without work in the way, I imagine restoring a car would be a very enjoyable process..... Therefore, I think you better buy another Corvette so you can have two! One for retirement and to drive while you work on the other one. :D

But in more seriousness, I’m looking forward to the pics!

Welcome to the Forum. Envious of your task you are undertaking and would love to see any photos that you can share. Best of Good Fortune to you with retirement plans.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.