Nov 3, 2012
buckhorn ontario
VetteCoins
Car
peterborough council pulled the rug out from under cathy lindsay, the nice gal that runs the airport restaurant, and gave the contract to a toronto based catering company. nine people will lose their jobs with this deal. the city officials evidently don't practice what they preach in regard to buying local and supporting local businesses. this deal doesn't sit well with me. anybody else feel this way ? suggestions for our april lunch ? naturally when the nice weather arrives we can resume our picnics at " chez buckhorn " - should have the 4 post lift in by then too.

That's exactly how I feel too. I thoroughly enjoyed the airport restaurant and the ladies gave great service and were always friendly. Maybe I am a pessimist but I always wonder if money changes hands when things like this happen. The place always did a very good business so a lot of people must have liked going there. Too bad.

peterborough council pulled the rug out from under cathy lindsay, the nice gal that runs the airport restaurant, and gave the contract to a toronto based catering company. nine people will lose their jobs with this deal. the city officials evidently don't practice what they preach in regard to buying local and supporting local businesses. this deal doesn't sit well with me. anybody else feel this way ? suggestions for our april lunch ? naturally when the nice weather arrives we can resume our picnics at " chez buckhorn " - should have the 4 post lift in by then too.

:agree: Why don't we then meet at the Chinese buffet on Lansdowne street in Peterborough like some of us has done this winter,this could be a great place.:D

Kent:D

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Users who are viewing this thread