Jan 29, 2009
On planet Earth
VetteCoins
Car
Just in the process of having a Kenwood 9150 installed. Will post pics once complete.

I have a USA-SPEC iPod interface for sale if anyone wants it. You must have the XM adapter on your C6 for this to work. Cool thing is that it also controls the iPod thru the radio (read: steering wheel controls).

PM me if you are interested.

Well, it's in and it's amazing! Great work by the folks in Markham. Kenwood 9140 is an incredible integration into the GM audio system. It turned my ICE from Bose Blows to Bose Knows.

P1010208.jpg

P1010209.jpg

P1010210.jpg

P1010211.jpg

P1010212.jpg

P1010213.jpg

Very Nice !

i've been wanting to see if can get a nav deck to fit my c4.. just not sure if it will fit

Either way, NICE deck and looks clean!
It might work with a little cutting and fitting. I've seen it done.
Yes, it looks great Pierre! Now you just have to navigate to Saskatchewan for a visit.:)
Would be a blast. Now I shouldn't get lost going there :)

Dang Pierre, you always have the coolest audio/visual toys . I have always wanted to do the DD in my vette :D

Manny

Last edited:
You will need a new dash center piece to put a double din unit in the C5. Someone else will know more about it. If you do a search, I believe someone has covered this topic.

Sharp and intelligent unit

I like your new unit! What did you replace, the GM Nav system or standard radio.
I have the standard radio and would like to install the same unit, any do's and don'ts about the system.:canada:

Questions

Did you compare other manufacturers?
Does the system take a long time to boot up. 20 sec?
How long have you had the unit and do you use the options like door opener, hand free phone, and camera option.

I like your new unit! What did you replace, the GM Nav system or standard radio.
I have the standard radio and would like to install the same unit, any do's and don'ts about the system.:canada:
I had the GM Bose/Navi and it sucked large. Sold the Bose/Navi on eBay and included my USA-SPEC PA-11 Vette iPod interface. Got almost $900 back. It is SUCH a difference. The sound is amazing.

Did you compare other manufacturers?
Does the system take a long time to boot up. 20 sec?
How long have you had the unit and do you use the options like door opener, hand free phone, and camera option.
had the unit since October 2009. I do not use Sirius/XM or the backup cam. My car already has the garage opener option. I did add the Trffic Antenna option - well worth it. I also LOVE the BT phone option which works great on my iPhone and Blackberry Bold. It takes a while to boot up but so did the OEM.

I upgraded my sound system to long tubes, off-road x-pipe and a cam :rofl:

I haven't turned on the radio yet this year.. lol
Loving it. I have the LG's with x-pipe and Corsa's
Sweetest music for your ears
:agree:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.