The scuttlebutt on the GT3 is that it's a GREAT track car, as demonstrated with the video above. However it's not a friendly "daily driver" which is why some GT3 owners trade them in after realizing it can punish the driver on the street. I think the Z06 "beats" that aspect of the GT3.

Having said that and to potentially prove me wrong, here's an article which compliments the GT3 somewhat quieter narrow tires on the street, acknowledging the more comfortable ride of the Z06 (with the Z06 having more choices for "driving modes")...although Motor1 comments on the cramped Z06 cabin versus the more roomy GT3, which is certainly a difference once would notice while daily driving. One thing is certain: the price point of the Z06 can't be beat, compared to the GT3 which costs about twice as much.

They need to redo this video at WS when the temperature is more along the lines of "normal" temps in that region of California and outfit the BMW with the proper C2R tires for it and see what the times are going to be. Yes they will most likely drop the lap times a bit more. The colder weather definitely helped out all 3 cars in the "engine making power" dept. (especially on the boosted M4).

I stand by the "perfection" comment for the GT3RS for its purpose. The car is built to track, and yes you can street drive it but come on.......................you are not taking this car on a long road trip.................that's not what it's built for. For those people that don't care and have the money to buy and support the costs of owning this car and using it for what it's meant for..................it does the job perfectly and less taxing to drive on the track to get the laptimes.

(watch what Mark says near the end of the video).

The Vette is built to do it all and WILL NOT do any 1 thing better than a car built for 1 purpose and at a fraction of the cost of those much higher priced rides. It does it all well and most "financially prudent" people will go with it as their "fun" ride and more practical for day to day use.

Would've liked a more detailed explanation on what Randy was mentioning about the brakes on the Z06 around turn 3 (or 4????)

A few years ago Randy also did a lap in a C7 ZR1 @ WS, now it's much harder to drive this car fast and loves to hang the tail out quite easily so to consistently drive this car quick will take a lot of work but if a driver can pull it off for a full session the car is quite the rocketship (Mero would know).

Last edited:
These Hagerty videos are extremely well done and I really enjoy watching/listening to Randy's commentary from the behind the wheel.

Although completed under "freezing conditions" the C8 Z06 is only 0.1 sec faster around Willow Springs than it's front engine predecessor. So would a comparable warm track day shave a second or maybe two? Not really that impressed, in my opinion. And the BMW might be fast but my God they are soooo boring to look at. Sorry, I just can't say anything positive or be that excited about a performance car that looks like every other commuter car on the road.

Would love to see lap times from a 2019 C7 Z06 with the recalibrated mag ride and cooling upgrades. Throw the new cup 2rs on it under the same weather conditions and it wouldn't surprise me if it were faster than the C8Z

Does anyone know if Hagerty has videos on each car's full lap in a POV view or strictly outside views following each car instead of what they did in the main video? That was cool and all with the effects and description but a full lap of each car showing only that vehicle in the video would be neat to see as a comparison.

Does anyone know if Hagerty has videos on each car's full lap in a POV view or strictly outside views following each car instead of what they did in the main video? That was cool and all with the effects and description but a full lap of each car showing only that vehicle in the video would be neat to see as a comparison.
No they don’t, at the end of the day it’s all for entertaining way to present their findings and not to show proof of the findings as that will not get enough views

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Users who are viewing this thread