Nik

Staff member
Power User
Administrator
Beta
Jan 11, 2009
VetteCoins
As we're and have been in full development mode for a while now on the new forum platform I thought I'd give you guys a little written preview on what to expect from CCF V2 when it launches. It's not a complete list by any stretch but just some things we are working towards right now.

1. New Refreshed Look and Feel. It won't be too scary and you shouldn't have to relearn how to navigate CCF but things should become a bit more visual and hopefully attractive.

2. Likes v2 - rather than simple Post likes we will be adding a few new types of reactions to posts. Still working on the list.

3. Q&A Threads - great way to keep track of more technical questions. Users in certain situations will be able to mark a thread as a Q&A thread and a combination of up and down votes will mark the post with the best answer which will be flagged as best answer for easy identification.

4. Bookmarks - you'll be able to bookmark almost any type of content inc. posts, media, threads and more. You can even put a note for each bookmark.

We are in addition working on a much more robust Events system which will hopefully be more integrated and get a lot more traffic.

More to come on this.

Yes Nik the new features sound great. The search feature when looking for a reference to a solution for a problem has always been a PITA on all forums I noticed. So you eventually ask the question and get blasted for asking a common question with many threads existing you could not find to begin with. (not this forum of course)
So your system will likely help with the searching part of that for guys who are struggling with some common thing.

PS: I gave you a boring old school "like" for your update post. :thumbs:

D

PS: I gave you a boring old school "like" for your update post. :thumbs:

D

We are working on eliminating the old school "like" Derek. Nik is working on a virtual pat on the back for us to use instead.... :cool:

The downside for some (not mentioning any names) is that it can also be used as a virtual slap upside the head.... :Woohoo:

Reactions: Nik and ddgermann
Just an update on progress.

Initial trial runs and migrations to the new forum software platform have mostly gone ok. I'm at a stage now where I can build and/or source new features. It's going to look pretty decent with the new Forum Home view (with member pics) as well as other user experience features.

No timeline yet as I'm trying to get closer to feature parity with this forum.