64 Ray

64 RAY
Casual User
Mar 10, 2016
London
VetteCoins
Car
1964 Roadster
Hello all. I am a newbie here. Have heard guys I hang with talk about the Forum, but have been so busy, never stopped to check it out. I had an ulterior motive for joining the Forum today...that being, I am handling the marketing and spreading the word of a New "Crown Corvettes", event in London, Ontario this August...more about that in a minute. I retired in the summer of 2012 and picked up a 1964 roadster as a retirement hobby. It was never my original intention to restore it, but one thing led to another, I got educated on NCRS rules, and bam...the game was on. I did a frame off over the winter of 2014 / 2015. When I began to dabble with this new hobby, I wanted my wife to have the same interest. So, we joined the Corvettes of Western Ontario, and quickly became involved in the numerous social activities they have each season. However, there were some longer distance trips and overnights at motels that the '64 was just simply not going to be taken on. Then in 2014, it was my wife's turn to retire, and she decided she wanted a late year Corvette for her retirement so we could travel further and overnight with the Corvettes of Western Ontario crew!!! So we picked up a 2012, base, coupe, torch red, auto (for her) and now we are a two Vette family...sheesh! I have been checking out the threads here and there is some neat stuff for both cars. I think I will post the info about our club's Crown Corvettes event under another thread. Thanks for listening.Cheers.
64 Ray

Welcome to the forum Ray. Wow. You definitely did jump in with both feet.... and your wife as well. I bought my first Corvette in 2013. A Victory Red base coupe. Didn't realize the addiction but do now. Bought a new C7 late last year. It replaced the C6.
Again, welcome and we love pictures here so really want to see both of your babies.

Eric

Welcome to the forum Ray. Wow. You definitely did jump in with both feet.... and your wife as well. I bought my first Corvette in 2013. A Victory Red base coupe. Didn't realize the addiction but do now. Bought a new C7 late last year. It replaced the C6.
Again, welcome and we love pictures here so really want to see both of your babies.

Eric
Thanks, I am certainly new at this whole posting thing as well. Think I needa get my last name outta my postings though...privacy, security, yikes!

Okay, got that security issue cleared up. I am backed. Two members asked for pics, so I have obliged below...hope they stick as attachments here.
"His 'n hers"...his - black on red, hers - red on black.
64 Ray

Attachments

• DSC_4997.JPG
    DSC_4997.JPG
    382.3 KB · Views: 12
  • DSC_5018.JPG
    DSC_5018.JPG
    429.8 KB · Views: 12
  • DSC_5032.JPG
    DSC_5032.JPG
    579.8 KB · Views: 12
I decided to post the info about the new "Crown Corvettes" event in London this August under the General Discussions area, and attached the Corvettes of Western Ontario flyer to that thread. Check it out.
64 Ray

64 Ray, I am suspicious of guys who change their name on a daily basis.:Biggrin: Glad you got it sorted out.

A couple of great looking cars. Hope you have a great summer with them, perhaps our paths with cross at some get together.:Cheers2:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.