The ones that do ceramic first find the PPF won't stick and they just wasted a thousand or more.
NEVER do ceramic first
I am glad you agree. Many opinions. What should it cost to have a good quality ceramic coating applied to the entire vehicle and of the many brands of ceramic which would you recommend? And yes, from what I understand about the characteristics of ceramic there isn’t much that will stick to it .

I understand that but have heard of it being done, but at the same time unfortunately you can’t legislate against stupidity .
It depends on what you want. You can spend a ton for a long lasting version or you can pay little and do it yourself.
Adams makes a great do it yourself ceramic. Ceramic Pro makes a 12 year version that you usually get someone else to do.
I had Ceramic Pro Kavaca PPF (which has a ceramic coating on it) done and Ceramic Pro Gold over the whole car. 4 layers of 9H and one layer of light.

Last edited:
It depends on what you want. You can spend a ton for a long lasting version or you can pay little and do it yourself.
Adams makes a great do it yourself ceramic. Ceramic Pro makes a 12 year version that you usually get someone else to do.
I had Ceramic Pro Kavaca PPF (which has a ceramic coating on it) done and Ceramic Pro Gold over the whole car. 4 layers of 9H and one layer of light.
Dare I ask the cost? I’m debating which avenue to pursue with mine when it arrives, cost is a factor for me being retired and having other sometimes pricey pursuits.

I paid $2100 for full front PPF.
Ceramic was $1600 with paint correction and windows wheels all done.
Lol , you answered my question before I could post it . That seems quite reasonable. Is the factory paint good enough that correction shouldn’t be necessary or at least too extensive?

Lol , you answered my question before I could post it . That seems quite reasonable. Is the factory paint good enough that correction shouldn’t be necessary or at least too extensive?
I had a few estimates for ceramic. 1200-1800 depending on product and installer.

I went with SB3 coating 5 years with a 2 yrs glossy on top. Windows & exhaust tips included for 1600$.

Mine had 34km when I dropped it off. He had a fair bit of correction to do. In all, took 3.5 days for him to do it ( one man shop) but it does look amazing and total breeze to wash.

Well, you want the car completely clean. If it was done in BG's parking lot you'd still want it thoroughly cleaned. ;)
BG has a state-of-the-art paint facility so correction is minimal.

Reactions: 1st Vette
1. I paid 2800$ for the front end PPF and Roof Wrap 2. The factory paint is not good enough. 3. I did my own paint correction and Ceramic coating with Graphene Ceramic by Adams, very rewarding

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Users who are viewing this thread