If GM uses this engine without adding weight to the car, and options some light weight parts, eg. carbon ceramic brakes and carbon fiber seats, then this could be a 2.6 second 0-60 machine. Looking forward to see what will be offered.

Or is it another GM Money move to take millions of deposit dollars for another year from us DREAMERS who just want something that very few of the population wants but we can still be held over on . If they needed to have b-52s for a war attitude we would all be have our rides 3 months ago . GM has more on the ball about consumer herd mentality than anything else. It is just like the crack dealer who says the 1st hit is free . We should all cancel our orders and buy Mustangs. So all of us Corvette loyalists could say ? to a company that if it wanted to look after it's customers they could in a heart beat. To me GM is no Better than a bunch of aluminum siding salespeople

Last edited by a moderator:
Or is it another GM Money move to take millions of deposit dollars for another year from us DREAMERS who just want something that very few of the population wants but we can still be held over on . If they needed to have b-52s for a war attitude we would all be have our rides 3 months ago . GM has more on the ball about consumer herd mentality than anything else. It is just like the crack dealer who says the 1st hit is free . We should all cancel our orders and buy Mustangs. So all of us Corvette loyalists could say FU to a company that if it wanted to look after it's customers they could in a heart beat. To me GM is no Better than a bunch of aluminum siding salespeople

You actually think Ford and Dodge are any better... Have fun with that. This is just a game. If you want it now get ready to pay. Otherwise by late 2023 Z06s will go for MSRP and there will be lots of them to choose from. If I can't get the car I really want in the next 18 months I will be sliding into a new Z06 at MSRP as there will be lots around.

Love these rants.

Or is it another GM Money move to take millions of deposit dollars for another year from us DREAMERS who just want something that very few of the population wants but we can still be held over on . If they needed to have b-52s for a war attitude we would all be have our rides 3 months ago . GM has more on the ball about consumer herd mentality than anything else. It is just like the crack dealer who says the 1st hit is free . We should all cancel our orders and buy Mustangs. So all of us Corvette loyalists could say FU to a company that if it wanted to look after it's customers they could in a heart beat. To me GM is no Better than a bunch of aluminum siding salespeople
Enjoy your Mustang. Pop back soon and let us know how that worked out. I’m sure it will be fine....

You actually think Ford and Dodge are any better... Have fun with that. This is just a game. If you want it now get ready to pay. Otherwise by late 2023 Z06s will go for MSRP and there will be lots of them to choose from. If I can't get the car I really want in the next 18 months I will be sliding into a new Z06 at MSRP as there will be lots around.

Love these rants.
lt's not a rant but reality being the 2nd top payed person in my forest industry position before l retired we sold as much wood to the USA and China that GM wished they did and delt with the BS of making money and the car industry was always the bottom feeders thinking that they were untouchable just when they got a chance to make it happen GM they drop the ball. And now that they have a home run they drop the ball again. Enuff said .

lt's not a rant but reality being the 2nd top payed person in my forest industry position before l retired we sold as much wood to the USA and China that GM wished they did and delt with the BS of making money and the car industry was always the bottom feeders thinking that they were untouchable just when they got a chance to make it happen GM they drop the ball. And now that they have a home run they drop the ball again. Enuff said .

Ok interesting perspective. Never looked at it that way before.

• Haha
Reactions: tyho
??? Not sure what to make of this. I have a B 52 model.:Confused5:

No l kind of think that we all love our cars and sitting at the corperate table for many years l am just trying to put forth my experience of how these big boys think . We are chumps and when s**t hits the fan we are the last ones that they think about. So they blow smoke and mirrors and give those who are not in the know another bucketshot.

No l kind of think that we all love our cars and sitting at the corperate table for many years l am just trying to put forth my experience of how these big boys think . We are chumps and when s**t hits the fan we are the last ones that they think about. So they blow smoke and mirrors and give those who are not in the know another bucketshot.

That is appreciated however generally this a pretty astute crowd and understand that quite well. There have been many threads on this kind of thing that have demonstrated that. It is a matter of deciding what you are willing to accept and living one's life either way.

• Agree
Reactions: dannyboy and tyho

Love these rants.
Not a Rant just Reality

New ideas are usually hatched from old ideas. Kaizan is a Japanese word for "never ending improvement". At the end of the day, the bottom line numbers will dictate in which direction a business will move. Without "kaizan" a business will wither and die. GM is no different, hence the C8 ... a new idea from a old one.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Users who are viewing this thread