Featured Thread
Sep 27, 2019
VetteCoins
Province
ON
Some of you have followed my adventures in buying a C6 Corvette, and I pulled the trigger on a 2013 Crystal Red model from Edmonton. The car was delivered on Monday, and I managed to get it registered/temporary plates. I'm getting the Ontario Safety Certification tomorrow, and will also be replacing the rims with C7 ones that I got a smoking deal on.

One of my first orders of business was to fashion a front license plate mount. After shopping online, I was shocked at the cost of some of them. $100 USD for a bent piece of metal sounded attrocious, so I did what any engineer would do and spent 5 hours making my own! I 3D printed a bracket, which I mounted to some angle brackets that I got from home depot. A bit of spray paint and 3M mounting tape, and voila!

Here are some photos so far, more to come once I "make it mine".

IMG_1187.jpg

IMG_1185.jpg

IMG_1189.jpg

licsence.jpg

Seriously … Great Creativity on the front bracket :thumbs:

not as serious ...
always wondered what the net hourly rate of an "engineer" would cost … :Biggrin:
I was inspired by this one:

I have a 3D printer, so anytime I can make up an excuse to use it is a bonus. "Penny Wise/Dollar Stupid" perhaps, but it was a fun project, and I could tweak it so that i wouldn't have to bend the plate.

FYI: the front bumper angle is almost exactly 170° if anyone wants to know.

Are you getting rid of the split spoke wheels as pictured on the yellow one in your avatar? I was originally looking for a set of those, but settled on some C7 rims I found.

These actually are C7 rims. I bent my original rims on the track and replaced them with these.

I intend on keeping them. Need a second set of wheels for hitting the track.

Reactions: ncnmra
Engineer bashing? I'm all in!

Ya know why they bury engineers 500 feet (152.4 m) deep? Because deep down they're not so bad.

PS. Just funnin' around. I've worked with many P. Eng. over many years. I have great respect. :happy:
:rofl: One of the nicer engineer jokes I have heard Richard.... lol

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.