Barn find #1
Casual User
Sep 7, 2023
VetteCoins
Car
1973 coupe
Province
AB
Hi all. I am new owner of a 73 coupe. This car is very much original. 61,000 miles, still has pre-metric GR6015 tires. Neglected for 10 years so there is a good deal of work needed to get it roadworthy. Original Ontario Orange paint. I appreciate that you other members may be able to help me understand the job I have taken on. This car needs restoration all over the place, I am starting with the brakes. I am going to get the MC rebuilt instead of replace. I am learning there is a worldwide shortage of stainless steel. No-one told me this was going to be fast and easy, so I guess I just roll with it,and be happy that I got a good deal.
Day 1.jpg

Hi all. I am new owner of a 73 coupe. This car is very much original. 61,000 miles, still has pre-metric GR6015 tires. Neglected for 10 years so there is a good deal of work needed to get it roadworthy. Original Ontario Orange paint. I appreciate that you other members may be able to help me understand the job I have taken on. This car needs restoration all over the place, I am starting with the brakes. I am going to get the MC rebuilt instead of replace. I am learning there is a worldwide shortage of stainless steel. No-one told me this was going to be fast and easy, so I guess I just roll with it,and be happy that I got a good deal.View attachment 114284
For something that needs resto "all over the place", it looks good in the pic.

Hi all. I am new owner of a 73 coupe. This car is very much original. 61,000 miles, still has pre-metric GR6015 tires. Neglected for 10 years so there is a good deal of work needed to get it roadworthy. Original Ontario Orange paint. I appreciate that you other members may be able to help me understand the job I have taken on. This car needs restoration all over the place, I am starting with the brakes. I am going to get the MC rebuilt instead of replace. I am learning there is a worldwide shortage of stainless steel. No-one told me this was going to be fast and easy, so I guess I just roll with it,and be happy that I got a good deal.View attachment 114284
I wouldn’t be surprised that you could find a kit of pre-bent stainless lines with a master for this car.

hi all. I plan to send more updates as I progress. I rebuilt the hydraulics of the brake system. Calipers rebuilt and the MC has been resleeved with stainless steel. ready to bleed the air out later today. The cool thing is I pulled out the spare tire. it is an original I think. Firestone GR70-15, never been used. I know I can never drive on that tire, but I find it amazing to be 50+ and never been used. Museum maybe?

spare tire v2_2023_12_23.png

The cool thing is I pulled out the spare tire. it is an original I think. Firestone GR70-15, never been used. I know I can never drive on that tire, but I find it amazing to be 50+ and never been used. Museum maybe?
Why not keep it. Kind of cool as it's part of the original car. You'ld never use a spare if you got a flat would you?

• Agree
Reactions: Dave91TM
Why not keep it. Kind of cool as it's part of the original car. You'ld never use a spare if you got a flat would you?
Yes, definitely keep it as is.
While I was under there I retrieved the build sheet/tank sticker. I have to tape it back together, it came out in pieces. I know it has a 3.08 gear ratio, but have not figured out if it is limited slip/posi or not.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.