Sep 2, 2018
London Ontario
VetteCoins
Car
2019 Stingray
Couldn't be without a corvette, had a C3, then a C7, and now a C4. Looked for one that I can do cosmetic and mild mechanical on over the winters and just drive for fun and not worry about parking it. Found this one in London with 85k kms, and it passed a safety with ease. So it was maintained. Car fax was clean so I bought it. paint is coming back pretty well and will do the normal things, fluid changes, new fuel filter, oil change of course. Currently getting detailed and a few parts already on order.
So eager to have a nice corvette that I can play with and work on without breaking the bank.

Attachments

• IMG_8602.PNG
    IMG_8602.PNG
    214.7 KB · Views: 215
  • IMG_8604.PNG
    IMG_8604.PNG
    181.9 KB · Views: 44
  • IMG_8607.PNG
    IMG_8607.PNG
    227.3 KB · Views: 43
  • IMG_8610.PNG
    IMG_8610.PNG
    182.2 KB · Views: 43
  • IMG_8249.JPG
    IMG_8249.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 44
Nice find. How's the cooling system? Particularly the upper radiator hose. If they haven't been replaced recently, perhaps that's one preventative maintenance project you should consider first. A blown upper radiator hose will surely destroy your Opti Spark ignition module which is located directly below.

Nice find. How's the cooling system? Particularly the upper radiator hose. If they haven't been replaced recently, perhaps that's one preventative maintenance project you should consider first. A blown upper radiator hose will surely destroy your Opti Spark ignition module which is located directly below.
Hi thx for that. I replaced the upper & lower rad hoses, thermostat and coolant flush. Also did transmission fluid dump and new filter. New fuel filter and new tires. Oil change of course. Drove 4030kms from London Ontario to Fort McMurray Alberta. Never a hint of an issue. very comfortable drive. Installed new radio head unit so i can have blue tooth and apple car play to run Waze. AC was recharged as well. VERY VERY happy with my C4.

Very nice! Glad to have you on the forum. How do you find getting in and out of the C4 compared to the other generations?
C3 was long ago when i was young so no issues there. C7 was easy to get in and out of. C4 is the hardest to be honest but not an issue once you figure it out and not use the steering wheel. Just loving my time with this car.

Hi thx for that. I replaced the upper & lower rad hoses, thermostat and coolant flush. Also did transmission fluid dump and new filter. New fuel filter and new tires. Oil change of course. Drove 4030kms from London Ontario to Fort McMurray Alberta. Never a hint of an issue. very comfortable drive. Installed new radio head unit so i can have blue tooth and apple car play to run Waze. AC was recharged as well. VERY VERY happy with my C4.
Cool, sounds like you're on it. Of course being an owner of two Vettes, I should have known better, lol. And you are correct about NOT using the steering wheel to assist in getting out. Great way to ruin it and of course you know it's a costly repair. ;)

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.