The steering wheel is on the wrong side of that DB 11.
Is this better? ;)

1697547183730.png

Just to set the record straight on the Z06 in Georgetown, it was ordered for stock as a very late allocation built only one week before the end of production year.
Someone from Kingston has bought it at MSRP and will be trading in his 2019 Z06 and his Cadillac Blackwing as well. I spoke to both Don Le and Nik Jones at the dealership today to find out the story with this car and the hesitation to call me back. Turns out two people at the dealership including Nik who owns a C8 really wanted the car for themselves and they couldn't decide what to do.

Just to set the record straight on the Z06 in Georgetown, it was ordered for stock as a very late allocation built only one week before the end of production year.
Someone from Kingston has bought it at MSPR and will be trading in his 2019 Z06 and his Cadillac Blackwing as well. I spoke to both Don Le and Nik Jones at the dealership today to find out the story with this car and the hesitation to call me back. Turns out two people at the dealership including Nik who owns a C8 really wanted the car for themselves and they couldn't decide what to do.
I would have kept the black wing. Those are as hard to get ad Z06 I think?

I would have kept the black wing. Those are as hard to get ad Z06 I think?
They are hard to get as well, but don't offer the same performance as the Z06. They were also on the track next to us at Ron Fellows.

They are hard to get as well, but don't offer the same performance as the Z06. They were also on the track next to us at Ron Fellows.
Pretty close 4 a high performance sedan .
He would have got a good trade in on the 2019 would he not? Get killed on trade in on the caddy. Fed. luxury tax is on the gross amount.

Pretty close 4 a high performance sedan .
He would have got a good trade in on the 2019 would he not? Get killed on trade in on the caddy. Fed. luxury tax is on the gross amount.
There's 16K of luxury tax regardless of the trade, the trades will reduce the HST portion after the luxury tax is first added.

Not talking a lot of$$ R we? Vs the loss on the black wing? Sell BW privately?
If both his trades ad up to somewhere between 150K and 180K he will only be paying the luxury tax and HST on the remainder which will save him around 20K in Ontario.

For anyone wondering, I'm the guy. I own the Blackwing and the C7 Z06. The Blackwing was not horrendous to acquire (15 months for an allocation), the waitlists for one aren't anywhere near as long as a Z06 but the cars themselves are much rarer (roughly 1600 built a year).

This opportunity presented itself and I jumped on it. I was also unable to get the Blackwing in my ideal spec due to constraints but I still love it and my C7 but with an opportunity for an MSRP 2023 Z06 I couldn't say no.

The above are correct in their assumptions, I got MSRP for the trade ins (180.5k, the MSRP before luxury tax is 180.3k) and I am only paying the luxury tax. To be honest this is a bit lower than I was hoping to get for the cars but the luxury tax unfortunately can't be reduced and as we all know a 2024 now costs 25k more.

If this was a '24 and I got exactly what I wanted on trade it would cost the same so I went for it. I had the cars evaluated a month ago so I know their worth minus the fact we are moving into the fall season quickly.

There is potentially 10-15k I'm giving up on the trades but the dealer knows as well they could easily sell this for over MSRP and thats why they wanted trades at MSRP. I was willing to accept MSRP for the cars on a 2023 and because of the 2024 increase. I would most likely never have an opportunity like this again. Any future opportunities would be for 2024+ that cost even more so it was now or never. Whatever I've lost on potential trade is made up for on the value of the Z06 so I was ok with this deal.

I was not on a single wait list anywhere for a C8 Z06. I did not not want to wait years to eventually get an allocation that would most likely have more price increases along the way and I was happy to keep my C7 and Blackwing as I am very fond of manuals and not pursue a waitlist.

Over the last few weeks I've debated a Z06 or an E-Ray just as an idea (owning 3 cars is a bit of a pain) but knew that it was to late at this point and I wasn't going to pay whatever the price would be years from now when my name was called. I started browsing this forum, autotrader etc to get an idea of what used Z06s were going for because what else am I supposed to do with my free time and obviously they're way to much. If only a 2023 would magically present itself to me at MSRP...ya like that would happen right?

Somehow I lucked out and saw Nik had posted on this forum in a separate thread on Monday 10minutes before I logged in saying they had an MSRP Z06 available and I called him. I think that post was removed because I can't find it now. I'm not sure what happened with the person who had claimed the car on Saturday based on this thread but they made another thread looking for someone on Monday and I was the first to contact them.

Honestly I still don't believe this is happening, I just had the last Corvette cruise of the year with my club (EOC) on Saturday and found out a member had just received a 2024 Z06 allocation during it. I woke up Monday to go about the usual work grind and next thing I know I'm going to be taking delivery of a new Z06 as well.

That's basically the story.

The majority of the specs were listed but I'll post them again.

2LZ HTC
Red Mist
Z07 with Visible Carbon Aero
Satin Graphite Wheels
Edge Red Calipers
GT2 seats with Suede inserts and wheel
Red seat belt
Stealth interior

For anyone wondering, I'm the guy. I own the Blackwing and the C7 Z06. The Blackwing was not horrendous to acquire (15 months for an allocation), the waitlists for one aren't anywhere near as long as a Z06 but the cars themselves are much rarer (roughly 1600 built a year).

This opportunity presented itself and I jumped on it. I was also unable to get the Blackwing in my ideal spec due to constraints but I still love it and my C7 but with an opportunity for an MSRP 2023 Z06 I couldn't say no.

The above are correct in their assumptions, I got MSRP for the trade ins (180.5k, the MSRP before luxury tax is 180.3k) and I am only paying the luxury tax. To be honest this is a bit lower than I was hoping to get for the cars but the luxury tax unfortunately can't be reduced and as we all know a 2024 now costs 25k more.

If this was a '24 and I got exactly what I wanted on trade it would cost the same so I went for it. I had the cars evaluated a month ago so I know their worth minus the fact we are moving into the fall season quickly.

There is potentially 10-15k I'm giving up on the trades but the dealer knows as well they could easily sell this for over MSRP and thats why they wanted trades at MSRP. I was willing to accept MSRP for the cars on a 2023 and because of the 2024 increase. I would most likely never have an opportunity like this again. Any future opportunities would be for 2024+ that cost even more so it was now or never. Whatever I've lost on potential trade is made up for on the value of the Z06 so I was ok with this deal.

I was not on a single wait list anywhere for a C8 Z06. I did not not want to wait years to eventually get an allocation that would most likely have more price increases along the way and I was happy to keep my C7 and Blackwing as I am very fond of manuals and not pursue a waitlist.

Over the last few weeks I've debated a Z06 or an E-Ray just as an idea (owning 3 cars is a bit of a pain) but knew that it was to late at this point and I wasn't going to pay whatever the price would be years from now when my name was called. I started browsing this forum, autotrader etc to get an idea of what used Z06s were going for because what else am I supposed to do with my free time and obviously they're way to much. If only a 2023 would magically present itself to me at MSRP...ya like that would happen right?

Somehow I lucked out and saw Nik had posted on this forum in a separate thread on Monday 10minutes before I logged in saying they had an MSRP Z06 available and I called him. I think that post was removed because I can't find it now. I'm not sure what happened with the person who had claimed the car on Saturday based on this thread but they made another thread looking for someone on Monday and I was the first to contact them.

Honestly I still don't believe this is happening, I just had the last Corvette cruise of the year with my club (EOC) on Saturday and found out a member had just received a 2024 Z06 allocation during it. I woke up Monday to go about the usual work grind and next thing I know I'm going to be taking delivery of a new Z06 as well.

That's basically the story.

The majority of the specs were listed but I'll post them again.

2LZ HTC
Red Mist
Z07 with Visible Carbon Aero
Satin Graphite Wheels
Edge Red Calipers
GT2 seats with Suede inserts and wheel
Red seat belt
Stealth interior
Congrats

There are still no orders allowed for stock! If you mean the dealer bought it for personal use, or a salesman bought it OK, but stock orders are still not available.

At one point in the US you had to order Z06's for stock to get an order through. In this case there was no customer and I think Nik who ordered it was thinking of it for himself. I discussed some challenges he was having in ordering the car with him yesterday which would have been solved if he ordered the 3LZ for $3895 more. This is the difference when also ordering the GT2 seats for those doing the math.
Now he knows.

Reactions: Murray20c8
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.