So how relevant are the retail / wholesale prices in say the Canadian car price guide which seem to be a LOT lower than asking prices , both dealers and private? I check off all the options on the car I'm looking at and the price that the guide comes to is a lot below the asking price . Where do you go from there ?

So how relevant are the retail / wholesale prices in say the Canadian car price guide which seem to be a LOT lower than asking prices , both dealers and private? I check off all the options on the car I'm looking at and the price that the guide comes to is a lot below the asking price . Where do you go from there ?
Don't forget that odometer readings come into play. Anything under 20000kms per year is an add.. Also Corvettes hold their value better than most cars. Also options can make a big difference...

The way the one I use works is you pick the base car, then add all the options and detract for a few thangs, then pick the odometer range, then click on it to get the final suggested price for wholesale and retail. This is always quite a bit lower than what you might think , to the point that it seems rediculous to even offer these prices .

The way the one I use works is you pick the base car, then add all the options and detract for a few thangs, then pick the odometer range, then click on it to get the final suggested price for wholesale and retail. This is always quite a bit lower than what you might think , to the point that it seems rediculous to even offer these prices .
If you use black book prices and add the low kms adds my 2006 vert should have been a lot more than the dealer was asking or sold it for. 100,000 kms under can add a lot of dollars. Its best to check a average asking prices and compare that way.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.