Jun 17, 2019
VetteCoins
Car
2008 coupe
Province
AB
A rear tire sensor is shot on my c6. The tire shop says they can use a universal replacement for 69.00 and fix it. The dealer says it needs a specific sensor especially designed for the car at 127.00. Opinions?

A rear tire sensor is shot on my c6. The tire shop says they can use a universal replacement for 69.00 and fix it. The dealer says it needs a specific sensor especially designed for the car at 127.00. Opinions?

@Rotor57 had 4 for a 2010 back in September for sale here in our classifieds . Don't know if he sold them or not.

Reactions: Dik
Had one go on my 2005 down in Kentucky last year. The local tire shop didn’t have a replacement so I drove without one. Check a tire shop in Amarillo but when they didn’t treat me well I walked away. Drive home to Canada and stopped at Kaltire in Lethbridge. Owner there said GM has gone to a universal that works with all their vehicles. Not knowing any better I said install it. Been working perfectly ever since.
I say go for the universal as it’s a part you never see and once the battery goes dead you have to replace it anyway.

Had one go on my 2005 down in Kentucky last year. The local tire shop didn’t have a replacement so I drove without one. Check a tire shop in Amarillo but when they didn’t treat me well I walked away. Drive home to Canada and stopped at Kaltire in Lethbridge. Owner there said GM has gone to a universal that works with all their vehicles. Not knowing any better I said install it. Been working perfectly ever since.
I say go for the universal as it’s a part you never see and once the battery goes dead you have to replace it anyway.

My experience as well

gm ones were 10 bucks higher not 50 AT THE DEALERSHIP I INQUIRED AT

toyota and others have gone universal but charge more for Toyota universals, same part and part number

Last edited:
Is the tire a run flat tire or just regular tire , thats what i would ask if the run flat tire need a special sensor

Reactions: RockyPM
For peace of mind I would go to the Dealer.

Reactions: Vinnie
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.