Good suggestion but it will need a sponsor
Apr 19, 2021
VetteCoins
Car
1989 corvette
Province
ON
May I make a suggestion. Many early visitors of car forums come looking for help. Help with a specific issue with the car, looking for advice on buying, or searching to see if others experience a similar electrical or mechanical problem and what they found to be the solution. As members we are all too happy to share our stories and or help and thats what make these forums great for all. But quite often I see the same question asked over and over . The question often asked is "can some one recommend a mechanic or shop in my area that knows how to work on my older Corvette". We don't want to risk taking our babies to a dealer or someone who is going to learn on your car.
Is it possible to create a data base across the provinces where one could search a local shop with the experience of working on our older Vettes. There are many small independant mechanics that our members have used over the years . Small garages ,less know names but with trained experienced mechanics that know our cars.
Perhaps A HEADING OR SECTION that lists these mechanics as obscure as they may be but where members were happy with the work done. Many of us are handy and do the work ourselves but with time restraints or lack of proper tools sometimes it's helpful to let an expert work on our cars.
I for one am asking the question . A list or template to include these garages would be so helpful.

May I make a suggestion. Many early visitors of car forums come looking for help. Help with a specific issue with the car, looking for advice on buying, or searching to see if others experience a similar electrical or mechanical problem and what they found to be the solution. As members we are all too happy to share our stories and or help and thats what make these forums great for all. But quite often I see the same question asked over and over . The question often asked is "can some one recommend a mechanic or shop in my area that knows how to work on my older Corvette". We don't want to risk taking our babies to a dealer or someone who is going to learn on your car.
Is it possible to create a data base across the provinces where one could search a local shop with the experience of working on our older Vettes. There are many small independant mechanics that our members have used over the years . Small garages ,less know names but with trained experienced mechanics that know our cars.
Perhaps A HEADING OR SECTION that lists these mechanics as obscure as they may be but where members were happy with the work done. Many of us are handy and do the work ourselves but with time restraints or lack of proper tools sometimes it's helpful to let an expert work on our cars.
I for one am asking the question . A list or template to include these garages would be so helpful.

All anyone has to do is click on the search window, enter in a choice word or two and it will pull up every post regarding your entry. I just entered reputable mechanic and here is what I got. The search window is a useful tool. Surprised more don't use it.

Reactions: Black 03 Z06
All anyone has to do is click on the search window, enter in a choice word or two and it will pull up every post regarding your entry. I just entered reputable mechanic and here is what I got. The search window is a useful tool. Surprised more don't use it.

I’m aware of the search bar method.
My suggestion was merely having a list and a heading. or section that one can simply scroll through. As it stands there is not one reputable mechanic listed under search for Toronto area. Not that I’m looking for one at the moment.
I just don’t know who to recommend if asked. Maybe there are Members who have a mechanic wherever they may live they would like to enter in a section with a heading of reputable corvette mechanics. .

I’m aware of the search bar method.
My suggestion was merely having a list and a heading. or section that one can simply scroll through. As it stands there is not one reputable mechanic listed under search for Toronto area. Not that I’m looking for one at the moment.
I just don’t know who to recommend if asked. Maybe there are Members who have a mechanic wherever they may live they would like to enter in a section with a heading of reputable corvette mechanics. .

Seavette. Feel free. Take your pick of forum sections (I would suggest either General Corvette Discussion or Corvette Tech and DIY) and give it an explanatory title and start a thread. Make your first post clear on what you want to accomplish and what you would like it to contain and not contain and the general membership can populate it accordingly. If you see something you don't think conforms to your intent for the thread, you can hit the report button and let us know and we will police as necessary. If it catches on, I will make the thread a sticky so it stays in the top titles window of the section.

There's several ways of achieving this, a dedicated thread as Rruff posted or we can start auto tagging these posts making search a little easier. Maybe even an article type thread.

This should be somewhat supported with our new review system. As long as folks participate, create review listings and leave reviews we can make a go of having a solid directory of shops.