C7AW

You're 5
Aug 28, 2014
Toronto
VetteCoins
Car
'15 ZF1
Hi everyone,

What's your experience with NAV directions and accuracy? I don't use it much as I know Toronto well. I have probably used it about 5 times, but on more than 2 occasions, it appears to have picked some strange routes, most recent one being:

Downtown Toronto to St. Catharines. Pref settings: avoid highway

NAV route expected: Lakeshore, N Svc rd, approx 120km

NAV route provided: Downtown, east to Scarborough, north to Stouffville, west, north across Newmarket, to Bradford, west all the way, then south... 250+ km. I did it 3x, and got the same results.

I am now checking all routes vs iphone/google maps, and I almost always end up using the iphone/google maps.

Does my NAV need a reflash? anyone else experience this?

I have had no accuracy issues with my NAV. However, please remember it is not designed to find the pure fastest route. It is designed to help the visitor navigate quickly through an unfamiliar place. I have often yelled at any NAV I have had and say "Um, I don't think so." because being a native of the area I know all the shortcuts.

I recall some guy on the US forum complaining that he tested his NAV in his neighbourhood and he beat the NAV every time. Really? I just shook my head and didn't even comment.

Never expect a NAV to know shortcuts or the backway in that the locals use.

I completely understand that it's not designed to find the best or shortest route. But for anyone who is not familiar with the Golden Horseshoe area, the nav routing that I got is as ridiculous as the following:

Let's say you'd like to go from Toronto to Miami, and the nav tells you to go from Toronto to Banff, Alberta, down south all the way to Nevada and then across to Florida. A bit of a stretch but you get the idea.

I completely understand that it's not designed to find the best or shortest route. But for anyone who is not familiar with the Golden Horseshoe area, the nav routing that I got is as ridiculous as the following:

Let's say you'd like to go from Toronto to Miami, and the nav tells you to go from Toronto to Banff, Alberta, down south all the way to Nevada and then across to Florida. A bit of a stretch but you get the idea.

Oh my! I have to ask, I had similar issues with the GPS on my iPhone. It ended up being my error because I did not place a "pin" in the right spot. Not sure if there is anything similar in the C7 NAV that would reset your location to the true current location before planning a route.

No issues, seems to work fine.

I am the same. In fact my C7 NAV works better than my large TomTom I had in my Pathfinder.

I have only been using it in its most basic form. I have not pushed any customizing buttons yet to alter depth and range and look, etc.

One cool thing I did do was set my Home to be one of the Infotainment presets. Click on the preset and everything converts to the GPS.

It worked when I changed the settings to include highways. The confusion happened when I excluded highways. I felt like taking the scenic route on a lazy Sunday. C7 did not agree and when it finally did, it added 100km+ to my scenic route. Lol.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Users who are viewing this thread