Thx Riley , I'm going to try and mount the camera on the outside of the car and get some video from the back and side .

Should give a really good viewing experience .

Great vid, Manny......I've been on that road a few times -- terrific scenery, smooth road and tricky. --
The 'Nasty1' sounds awesome.
Outside mounting would be great -- can't wait to hear that if you can figure out a way.

Cheers,
C.

Manny, great video. Having been a born and raised Guelph boy that road is sure familiar. Been down there a few times myself but it's been so long I can't remember where. Can you refresh my memory. By the way do they still have the cruse night's at the A&W in Preston. Used to spend a lot of time at the Travelers.
Rob

Manny, great video. Having been a born and raised Guelph boy that road is sure familiar. Been down there a few times myself but it's been so long I can't remember where. Can you refresh my memory. By the way do they still have the cruse night's at the A&W in Preston. Used to spend a lot of time at the Travelers.
Rob

Hey Steamer, Manny will chime in on exactly where he was but it sure looks to me like just on southeast edge of town on Cheese Factory road (off Myers rd) then out crossing Maple Manor drive on the way to Brandford/St. George. Great area, not too travelled and very similar to many backroads in the golden triangle area.

There is a 'Dub' now is on Hespeler Rd, (Galt) (and moved a few times over the years) and still has cruise nights every week.(Thursdays I believe).
Downtown Galt has one I think on Fridays next to the river which is fun too.

Glad to have made contact with someone who once lived in the area. It's very special to us and quite a beautiful place to live.

Hey Steamer, Manny will chime in on exactly where he was but it sure looks to me like just on southeast edge of town on Cheese Factory road (off Myers rd) then out crossing Maple Manor drive on the way to Brandford/St. George. Great area, not too travelled and very similar to many backroads in the golden triangle area.

There is a 'Dub' now is on Hespeler Rd, (Galt) (and moved a few times over the years) and still has cruise nights every week.(Thursdays I believe).
Downtown Galt has one I think on Fridays next to the river which is fun too.

Glad to have made contact with someone who once lived in the area. It's very special to us and quite a beautiful place to live.

DING DING DING , we have a winner :rofl:

It is Cheesefactory Rd indeed , love going there for a drive .
My wife and I were out to diner at a little Itailan place in St George that has some great food and service , so I thought this would be a nice run and a great road for some video.
The A&W cruise is alive and well every Thursday on Hespler Rd.

Weather was crapy today and I got busy working on an 09 G8 GT , so I am hoping that tomorrow I will be able to get a few outside vids to post up . .

If anyone ever wants to do so video of their car I can help :D

Last edited:
Rob

OMG not the Travelers :rofl:

Outside mounting of the camera would be great! Let me know how you combat the wind buffeting sounds so it does not take away from the engine noise. I always wanted to do that with the Chevelle as it has killer sound.

Thanks guys for the refresher. We used to have a live steam track at the Oak Hill Nursery at the corner of #5 and 24. I'd go strait through at Hespeler and take Franklin out to Meyers and then The Cheese Factory to St George. I can't find the Restaurant that was out there on 24, a German place I think. Is it gone.
Rob

Thx , really wanted to shot some video from outside the car today , which would give a much more enhanced sound clip.
Sunny weather coming from Thursday on . I will get some more video up by the weekend .

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.